ITT: Getting mad about Videogames

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Razor, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor

Razor New Member

Kith Note:

Because it's always been readily apparent that people don't like me very much or the things that I do, here's a topic just for that:

In this thread, complain to me about the things that you don't like that I have done. This thread is special, as it will have different rules from the rest of the forum. Go ahead and say whatever you wish in however derogatory a manner you wish. I'm a big boy and I can tolerate harsh words.

However, make sure you have something real to bitch about. I don't mind flaming if you have something to actually say, but if you start talking shit for the sake of talking shit, I'll hand you over to Shooz and he'll start doing mean things to your rectum with a hammer.

That said, have at it, because 'yall got some unresolved issues and the only way it's gonna get fixed is if you open your damn mouths.

I have to agree with Ghost, Kithrixx you have been killing fun alot, making OP class (PF) and I think you were the one who made Pistol that OP for your class.
    Grav Gun removal, which was a very useful item.
    I could continue my list but I cant remember all your f**ckups.

Not even talking about ruining my favorite class Sub comm, which was a personal insult to me, with your stupid and redundant ideas.
    Did you even tried the crap you pooped out? or just dumped some stupid skills for him and let it be? Was too busy with your OP PF and Pistol combo?

I got nothing els to say to you besides a 3 letter word which I wont use cuz you dont worth it.

Im sad NOTD turned out like this, was such a good game 1 year ago.
  2. squish

squish Well-Known Member

RE: The K Report: Stats

Okay. If I were a moderator like shooz, i'd suspend you for a week and warn you to 20%, however it's not my place, so let me say this: Kithrixx is working VERY hard to make this game the way its supposed to be. He's pleasing a very wide part of the fanbase. Your self serving bitching won't change that. Yeah, the sub commando was fun, but hey, it was niche as fuck, and outdated. God damn, do you even know how to read? look one post above yours.
    Now to pick your claims apart: The pistol? It's literally doing damage NO DIFFERENTLY than what it was doing BEFORE; it was double tapping before hand and they fixed that, but doubled the damage to prevent massive bitching about it. it was never nerfed in the first place. Pathfinder? It's not op at all. It was DESIGNED WITH APOLLO IN MIND. WHERE EVERYTHING AND IT'S FUCKING GRANNY HAS 800+ HP. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON it rips the other storylines apart.
    It was removed temporarily because it has far too many cheeses associated with it to begin with.
    There were probably well over 100 changes to the map implemented solely around the gravity gun in the first place.

THAT WAS IN HIS FIRST LINE OF THE VERY POST BEFORE YOUR'S. READ PAST POSTS BEFORE YOU START FLAMING. /endrant

what kith is doing is the very reason ability brought him on in the first place:
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

'Kay.

The first opinion of many.

The most that the Pistol was "buffed" was a .5 armor reduction gain, at the expense of its bonuses. You wanna know what happened? The original Pistol dealt 2 attacks of 20 damage with 1 armor reduction, for a total of 40 at 2 reduction. I brought this up and to save processing power (a little, but enough to be worth it, considering that the double tap had numerous silly bugs when interacting with on-hit abilities like Adrenaline and the Critical Hit), it was changed to 1 attack at 40 damage. Because the 2 armor reduction was not intended, but it was still a "low calibre" weapon, it was given an armor reduction of 1.5 at the expense of also nerfing the damage modifiers. Originally the damage modifiers were +6 to light (doubled, so 12) and +2 to heroic (doubled, so 4). Now they are +9 to light and +3 to heroic. On top of that, the Pistol no longer has any splash to speak of (unless the enemies are literally standing on top of each other), so I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that I buffed the pistol.

It was a very useful item, I agree. It was just really, really bad about cheese, and it will be coming back once I devise a solution.

No, please, give that memory a little jog. Make it run, even. I want to hear what you have to say.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what you feel was an insult or not. It was what I was hired to do, and if you don't like it, well... I'm sorry, but I'm not going back on what I did. Subcomm was a wreck, and I'm definitely not the only one who held such an opinion.

Yes, actually. I tested it extensively, and I really enjoy playing Delta. Gravity Grenade is amazingly fun, even moreso when you have a good Exploder or Arty FO at your side. If I manage to random him in Apollo, the Chem Expert and I look at each other and start laughing.

Funny story: I play tank 90% of the time, and when I play Pathfinder, I play Jumps.

Funny story 2: Electric Boogaloo: Saying "ass" instead of all of that other stuff would actually have been shorter than alluding to wanting to say it and restraining yourself. Unless you were going for something like "dik" or "fkr", in which case... your english would be a lot worse than I had previously imagined.

Turned out like what, a game in transition like it always has been? NOTD has been in development since it started. It's still in beta. Technically, nothing is finalized yet. Hell, if Ability wanted, he could redesign the whole thing from the ground up and completely eschew tank classes from the equation. Although it makes me cringe thinking about it, he could do it, and it wouldn't be the end of the world because it's the goddamn beta.

I'm not going to ban you or warn you for this. And as a matter of fact, Shooz isn't allowed to either, because I know he's gonna get furious and hit you so hard with the banhammer you'll be shitting your own bones for the next few days. The bottom line is that you're being fucking stupid, and if I was to punish you for it, I'd feel guilty about it, because honestly that's like taxing the poor.
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... hp?tid=358
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Play nice. ~Kith

D'awww. Okay.
  6. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

[​IMG]

All I got to say is I'm glad that NOTD has gone through various changes ever since I first started playing. Some changes have been good and some have been bad. The two go hand in hand together and one cant do anything about that. Never the less, I still find NOTD enjoyable.

If this game was always kept the same, then it would have just became a fart in the wind.
  7. Tink

Tink New Member

I don't really see a great deal wrong with what kith's been doing, comparing it now to when I left about a year ago the only thing i'm disappointed/upset about is no gravgun (was my favourite weapon). Other than that, it seems just as good as it was back then.
    I'll be a bit more upset if there were class limits, but that's nothing major.
  8. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Razor i cant appreciate the tone of your post,you made a moron out of yourself with such an behavior. Either learn to control your anger or refrain from talking.

Kithrixx you may have no problem with an 'bitch please thread' but i have. Because im not here to boost your ego.

Now i want to recommend the moderator to put a stop on forum suddenly turning into a kindergarden niveau. Because all this theatre here is not what Notd deserves.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm not doing it to boost my ego. It's no mystery that a wide majority of the SEA server hates my goddamn guts, and several individuals from other servers do as well. I'm giving them their chance to say whatever they feel like saying, to my face. I don't think you realize how much shit I get for doing this job. I regularly got 2-3 PMs a day detailing how much I suck and why I'm awful (the X-1 patch that made it stop dealing double damage was the worst of it, clocking in at 33 angry messages in a single day), in addition to plenty of heckling through /whispers on Battle.net. Razor decided to bring his complaints to the public eye rather than keep it quiet like everyone else, so I'm inviting everyone else with a beef to step up and say something, because there are some obvious unresolved issues involving the playerbase and I.

Spread the word, this topic is being closed and deleted on Sunday.
  10. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Razor you dumb fuck.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Kithrixx's work has my full support. If you have any issues, you can PM me too.
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

O.K. here goes: KITH U BE FAIL U HAZ NO NACHO GUN CHEESE FACTORY GOOGLE BISON TROLOLOLOL!!!!!11!11!!1

I don't have any problems with Kith or any of Kith's work, but I do take issue with how we are defending him. Razor may have been rude, disrespectful, and biased, but that doesn't mean he deserves flat out insults. Do you hate how he responded? Then don't respond in similar fashion. We are big boys/girls, so exercise some self-control.

To Razor: don't isolate yourself with the "who cares what they think" attitude. Keep it clean, unbiased, and well thought out, and you will find us a lot more receptive.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Do NOT pm Ability or Kithrixx if you want to bitch. If you dont like how the game has progressed, well, suck it the fuck up. Do not bother them as they already have work to do.

I don't know how to make myself any more clear than this so..

If you bother Ability or Kithrixx to bitch and complain about the game instead of posting your suggestions in the appropriate thread, or flame them in a thread, I WILL FUCKING BAN YOU.

I've said it before and I'm done repeating myself. They have too much shit on their plates to listen to you cry about how you miss this or that. If you don't work on the game then you have no fucking say as to how it evolves.

This is enough, try me, If you want to play games, we can play them my way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.