Issues with changes that are being made with no foreseeable reasoning.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jercy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

- Additional delay between parasite spawns in Nydus
    - Parasites now do not charge in NM

Ability,

I would like to know why changes like this are being made. Not only do I see any reasons to create these changes, but I do not even see any post on the forums that would cause these changes to be made. I do actually know that this hasn’t been talked about on the Black Ops forums because I have asked my friends if they discussed this at all, and they replied, “No.”

When you first made parasites charge in NM, I remember a lot of people dying to them. It was also quite funny to see parasites charging on creep. There may have been some complaints here and there about it on the forums, but you know what the true veterans did? They adjusted, they adapted, and they overcame the new charging parasites. It was a new challenge that made NM harder and more fun. Ever since then people have accepted it as being a part of NM games, so people who complain about it either shouldn’t play NM or can’t play NM.

The delay on parasite spawns in nydus, now that is just cruel. The only thing the delay has created is more deaths because the things aren’t consistent, so the true veterans are dying to these things because their timing is off just by a little bit. If you are going to have something extremely deadly just pop up on people out of nowhere, then be consistent in the deadliness of it, do not vary it by a little bit. The only people that have trouble with the nydus worms spawning parasites instantly are the people that have never experience it before and are noobs or otherwise unskilled. Until you made these changes, I had no issue with dealing with the nydus worms in the games I played, with the exception of the occasionally noob not knowing what to do.

Important changes to the game, like these two changes, need to stop being made without consulting the entire community first. Please revert these two changes because you have just made the game a lot more boring and less difficult.
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Actually it was discussed in the Black Ops forum. I wasn't part of the discussion, but it was up in there. Just didn't have it's own separate topic but was talked about in the general Suggestions and Questions topic.

Just sayin'.
  3. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

*Poof* Instant death. remove triggering player instead of delay parasites.

I foresee this. :dodgy:[hr]
    Even if it was discussed I find adding delay was the wrong answer to that. Since there is no final answer but a ninja move.
  4. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Well, I can't see the Black Ops forums myself, so I could look through all of it, I had to ask others if they had ever seen anything related to it. The people who did suggest these changes are probably unexperienced in the game and don't have any clue what they are talking about. How their voice is valued so much more is just absolutely beyond me...
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Nah. I checked. Generally some old hands who were talking about it, both from NA and EU.

Though reading the change log what I was HOPING it meant was that there would be some limit on Nydus Parasite Spawners per minute or something. Sadly I saw in game that I still had one fight vs. Seth, where four nydus worms popped up between Plasma Detonators.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I posted against the larva and was backed up by froblock, arcanepariah, and ghost. Does one of the mods mind moving the posts to this thread so jercy can see them? (or just add jercy to the black ops, because I would much rather a seasoned veteran who has served as an excellent teacher and valuable community member in the BO forum than some hacker)
  7. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

- Parasites now do not charge in NM
    this is okay

- Additional delay between parasite spawns in Nydus
    old delay was fine, don't make it too easy
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

9. whaa

whaa New Member

Jercy is against people with white names having secret discussions of important changes. He said, "Important changes to the game... need to stop being made without consulting the entire community first." Ironically he accepted an invitation to those discussions, as evidence by his white name. But even if we should have privileged discussions of important changes — and incidentally promote elitism — then we should at least allow the entire community to read them.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Except we didn't discuss any of said issues. Here's the most recent 5 topics.

Anti-Hack Logic Checks
    [ATTN Ability] Autosave
    Skill vs Luck
    [Low Priority] Opinions/Ideas for Forum
    [High Priority] Managing Influx from Bank Update

Balance & Gameplay have taken a backseat as more technical aspects have become more important recently.
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I could use this opportunity to joke about whaa and my discussions with him, but I won't. I'm an arrogant, provincial person anyways. Maybe conceited, haughty, proud or overweening works as well, for defining me. Still a Pub Hero so idc.

None of the current discussion is relevant to Game- play, Aside from Skill vs Luck, which as its name implies, talks about how to improve the balance of the game, and reduce the situations of "omfgwtf did that come from no fair imba hax computer, Ability trollololed us" to "We could have prevented for it had we planned / thought about it."

Its like a certain boss can come from X Locations, rather than the boss spawns at a location that is determined by a Random Number Generator, With the former being able to be planned for and able to be dealt with by skill (We could say its a mega-ton of BM's, Slashers, Huggers or whatever), while the latter situation can get you screwed over with you by chance just having to have it all spawn on top of your team with no way for you have avoided that.

You could compare it to Easy Company's Start Wave. It can come from the Front or Back, its Waves can Be Huggers, Ghouls, Hulks, or Roaches. It has a level of predictability, and randomness, so that it will keep you somewhat on your toes, but it won't screw you over without you being able to influence it.

Its essentially talking about stuff like that. At least, thats what I understood of it.
  12. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Whaa it was actually just given to me after I made this post, so just because my name is white doesn't mean I want it to be. Its not like I, just some user on this forum, have any control over what forums I can and cannot see or what color my name is.
  13. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Pretty much what Arturia said.

Also things discussed in the BO threads that have relations to class/game balance are also added to the NOTD Discussion threads (that are available to the public) after the BO members have taken their first crack at the issue so that the community as a whole can give their takes on it.

This way, the Devs do not take an overwhelming influx of opinions from everyone immediately and can first get opinions from a smaller representative of the community sans the possible trolls.

Upon release to the public, the BO members can help the devs in answering questions or addressing suggestions/changes from the community at large based on what had been discussed. This does not mean that any new input is ignored.

They're given as much weight (sometimes more due to majority rules) as what was discussed initially.

Other issues like forum design, forum bugs and bots, game coding, hacker trackers etc. are the only things I've seen that are kept exclusively in the BO thread.

And it's not that our suggestions are given more priority. They are weighed just as heavily as everyone's suggestions in the Suggestions Thread.
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The opinions of a specific black ops is not necessarily better than a specific non-black ops. The black ops are a group of people who generally speak a lot on the forum and are representative of most, if not all, opinions present. Regardless of who you are, there is at least one member of the black ops with whom you're opinions correspond. It is up to that person to give their views, which will be similar to yours. Black ops are chosen because they are much more likely to give their opinion, as well as reasons and evidence. Generally, any changes that are discussed in the black ops forum are moved to the general forums after a time. I assume the only reason the issue of venom was not moved was because there was no opposition among the black ops. Once it was seen that there was a portion of the community that would oppose this change, a new member of the black ops had to be added to share that group's opinions (with or without his consent).