Inventory System Bugs

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ability, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

2. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

The disappearing item glitch, where items somewhat rarely disappear until another similar item is equipped (such as weapons or armor) still exists. Past that, all is fine and dandy from what i see
  3. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Inventory is now fast and responsive!
    Seems great, but the magazine bug still exists where the the last mag out of 3 does not register and give you any ammo.
    So while the inventory is so fast! It makes me feel sad that im losing ammo just as fast as i click them =(
  4. pipeDreams

pipeDreams New Member

Yeah. The ammo disapears even when you click slow. But it's not always the last mag. I thought it was but i was testing that earlier.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks. Niteshade has identified a very hard to replicate bug that we're trying to fix too. Otherwise, field testing in NA/EU server looks okay so far.
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Last mag disappearing in a stack existed previously already. The funny part was you could have 3 stacks of 3 and use 2 of each stack very quickly and not lose any mag.
    Then if you click any of the remaining single mag stacks even 10-20 seconds later, it will not give you any ammo.
    Now if you instead drop 2 of the single stacks and pick them up to form 1 stack of 3 and click 2 of those quickly, you'd get +6 mags, but again the last remaining mag won't give any anything.

You can even just start the game, unequip 1 mag and equip it and it won't give you that mag back.

So that leads me to believe that at least in the old system, it has an issue with the last mag (regardless of how many in the stack there are)
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Reaper's inventory still has the old white border appearance. I didn't use it enough to see if it was properly responsive (was too busy trying to set a kill record with it) but it didn't have the pretty blue borders like the new one does.
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Confirmed that it seems to have the same old style inventory, in that multiple rapid clicks just doesn't really do anything. Discovered thanks to my mouse being messed up and double to quadruple clicking every time I press the button.
  9. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

10. micxiao

micxiao New Member

just played a game today and the disappearing last mag bug is still there :x
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Noted. Reaper inventory should use the new system in next patch.
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

the new wasted 6 mags from 9 please fix because of laggs i wasted about 120 shots worth of machine gun
  13. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Didn't someone report the 6 out of 9 mags for certain mags occurring only on Pre-placed Magazines?
  14. Pyromaniac

2 instances where my ammo was 2/3 of what it shoulda been (disappearing ammo still exists)

[attachment=187]
    [attachment=186]

The screenshots provided are there to give a context of when it happened (for when I was paying attention at least)
    Important note: this happened to the third mag, not the first 2.
  15. Pyromaniac

Changelog said it was fixed, but here is another instance of diappearing ammo. I suspect the location/timing to matter as a previous picture has a very similar situation
    [attachment=231]
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Yes it is fixed... in next patch that will be release on the weekend :p
    (Read Developer Announcements)