Fixed Infinite spawning area on EC

Discussion in 'Game Bugs' started by LordFond, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordFond

LordFond Well-Known Member

I noticed it only in recruit games. On the bridge, next to the southern civilian truck, groups of 4 zombies will just keep spawning at a regular time (7-8 seconds). I don't know if it actually ends during the game or not. Just get on the bridge. From the images you can see that I killed 16 zombies in about 30 seconds.

Screenshot2013-05-21 22_55_27.jpg Screenshot2013-05-21 22_55_31.jpg Screenshot2013-05-21 22_55_37.jpg Screenshot2013-05-21 22_55_50.jpg
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

that spawn disappears after tart. Then a stalker+seeker one appears another side of map.
  3. LordFond

But I got those screens after Tartarus: we just did mine and were going to kill eggs. Even during the Airlock holdout they keep spawning.
  4. Scorpione

Because its recruit? vet+nm will have seekers+stalkers spawn on it/it relocate.
    Its like cemetery in ec. You can keep on trigging it forever.
  5. LordFond

I wrote that "I noticed it only in recruit games." and so I was talking about recruit games. I didn't know if there's a similar bug in higher games.
  6. Scorpione

not a bug. its a spawn point :p
    they exist in ac sec surv too.
    Some mobs just spawn around teams. Certain mobs spawn from fixed location point.
  7. LordFond

So you think that a certain point which keep spawning the same amount of zombies at the same speed for about 30 minutes (while it didn't use to happen until some time ago) is normal?
  8. Scorpione

Are you sure of this? These spawns have been here before 1.5blizz patch. Probably since forever.
  9. LordFond

I'm pretty sure about this one.
  10. Scorpione

So am i since I pay attention to all details.
  11. LordFond

Moral of the story: we are both sure about different things. Are you happy now and so the team can actually say if this is intended? Or you want to continue, making this thread useless and worthless to read?
  12. David

David Well-Known Member

I recently noticed it also Fond. I don't recall it being like that before. It does seem rather odd how consistently they spawn because it is a significant source of constant experience.
  13. Scorpione

Just because it takes you more to notice something doesn't make it a bug.
  14. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I just want the ghoul trap in scrap yard back.
  15. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Those spawns were not here prior to cronus buff/ivax rework. Since then, someone (like me) can just sit at the spawn point with flamer/cb/ogi/irvin, afk for like 15 mins and hit lvl 9/10. I've played like a thousand pubs, would be weird if I don't notice these things.

I think there are 2 waves of these fixed spawn points: 1st wave activates when mining base holdouts happen until tart (not sure if spawns or dies, haven't checked yet). 2nd wave activates after (or just before, not sure) tart until worms spawn (that or ere dies/worms countdown finishes)

And no, this specific phenomenon doesn't happen in vet/nm (tried to see if I could afk farm it solo, but they weren't there)
  16. Scorpione

That spawn in mining was always there. If you played NM you would notice. When everyone goes scouting there's always a line of enemies from behind. Has always been that way. Only few zombies spawned around team.

They are in solo but they just spawn in a group of 3 with less frequency due to spawn reduced to less players.
    Which proves my point of not paying attention.

Spawns dies right after nydus. And a new one is created with stalkers. Another one with seekers is added after trigging lab. (this is nm both solo n squad)
  17. speedy_new

speedy_new Well-Known Member

Scorp it is about recruit difficulty. I have noticed this too. Earlier it wasn't such queue of zombies from mining site. It is not visible on Lord screen. Probably because rest of zombies went different route. Maybe this spawning point was existing sicnce forever, but it wasn't activated on recruit mode (or there were less spawned zombies so it wasnt so noticeable.
    For most of exp ppl it is not a problem but maybe u have forgotton about rookies playing recruit mode.
  18. Elric

Elric New Member

As a pub hero I also noticed this very distinct pattern in which the zombies, spawned by the Infestors(I think), move in clumped groups. Scorp is right, some of these spawn points have been there for ages(just like the spawn-trap point below the gas leak); I suspect LordFond, like me noticed the pattern in which they move/spawn - before they seemed to travel in much for random form - not in the very procedural manner they do now. I think this pattern only occurred around the ±2.34 update... This obvious pattern isn't noticeable in harder modes other than recruit, my guess is because the scripts are different??? I haven't noticed this clustered pattern in vet or nm - maybe because there is so much more other spawn too.

Whether there are actually more zombies being spawned or not i don't know, except that it appears as though there are slightly more than before... which, to be honest, is not such a bad thing as often new players would complain that there is not enough happening between missions, just "endless travelling from one place to other with nothing happening". With the seemingly increase spawn rate there's always something to shoot whilst going from place to place! And we like rat-tat-tat, pew pew... :)

Funny thing in one game the white mini-flamer decided to camp right next to one of these spawn points near the DL site and did not move from it! Greedy bugger!!! :mad: By the time all the Infestors were killed he had almost 1.4k kills - and they were killed quite early in the game too!
  19. Scorpione

The 1st spawn in EC no matter difficulty its around the mining site area. Even in NM the only stuff that spawns in the 1st 20minutes is just zombies spawning + prefixed huggers.
    Everything has a pattern. Even the way zombies spawn + spawn points.
  20. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Scorp, the problem is that in recruit, these first spawning points in mining site are still spawning long after their holdouts are finished, until worms. Thats not supposed to happen, and has never happened before in recruit (otherwise I wouldve found out about it after a few pubs).

Yes, there are patterns, which is why it's so easy to notice when something's different.

Unfortunately, we can't compare the recent patches to past patches via replay (and analyze them completely, including enemy behaviour/spawns).

Lets just have ap answer the question (if he ever does).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.