Sub Infested Caves

Discussion in 'Missions' started by Kith, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Chapter: 0 (Game Start)
    Mission Name: Infested Caves
    Description:
    Explaining the caves scattered around the map and how to disable them.
    Details:
    • This mission is not active in Recruit mode.
    • There are 8 "caves" scattered around the map (some being actual caves, some being cave-like things such as subway entrances). "Active" caves will be identifiable by tentacles and zerg-esque overgrowth decorating them.
    • Active caves will have four "structural points", represented by the overgrowth. Structural points are not subject to scaling. They are considered to be buildings for the sake of determining damage. They have 5,000 hitpoints each, share damage between the local clusters (so any damage taken by one point will be split four ways), and take 50% reduced damage from Weapons.
    • If a single "structural point" is destroyed by an instant-kill effect, for example from the Demolitions' Little Buster ability, the remaining three will also automatically be destroyed.
    • Once all four "structural points" have been destroyed, the cave collapses and the spawner within is destroyed. Each cave disabled reduces the Difficulty Scaling of the match by 1.

The mission is considered "complete" when the all active caves are disabled.

Rewards:
    Disabling all active caves further reduces the Difficulty Scaling of the match by 2 and rewards all players with 10 Rank Experience.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Xombie

Xombie New Member

Oooh. Nice.
  3. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Any pointers to know if all the caves are always at the same points or just randomize every time?
  4. nex_

nex_ Member

I think they are 8 fixed location, and a defined active base number of cave which is below 8 (ex 4 active cave), I assume according to difficulty level you will have more active cave, up to 8 in nm.

But the active cave location is random (among the different position, in nm no random occurs).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Satchels satchels tudu duduu
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

They are all active in Normal and Nightmare.

Nope, if the mission is active, they're all active.

Also, yes! The Demo's satchel charge is uniquely qualified to be the only ability that can reliably 1-shot the caves with little effort.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Cave mechanics have been updated a little - they're now selectable (but don't display health bars normally) and can be attacked with non-abilities (but take 50% reduced damage from weapons). Also, if one is destroyed instantly by massive damage, the rest of the structural points will follow suit, making Demos with Little Busters uniquely qualified to destroy them in a quick and efficient manner.