Inception doesn't affect queen?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Sazier, May 8, 2012.

1. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Why?..................

Shouldn't it?
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

*shrug* Near as I can figure it's probably left over from problems a long time ago where Inception would seriously mess up the Queen Shriek and Frenzy.

Might also be under the general rule of "No slow other than Foresight effects her". Then the better question is why there is an exception for only one talent.
  3. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Think it's intentional because her base ms is drastically slow
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Currently no debuff of any kind will affect queen movement speed. She effectively has 4 speeds/states: Pre BO (incredibly slow), normal (moderate speed), frenzy (slightly faster speed) and fleeing (Nearly doubled speed). Foreight only affects her because it is not a debuff, it is a aura that places that condition on everything around the PO.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Which, of course, irritates Uncle Kithrixx to no end, as her immunity to slows makes her extremely difficult to track down/catch up to. Also, Shoot to Maim affects her, it just doesn't affect her movespeed (so really all it does is make her attack speed drop sharply (which is fantastic for tanks)).
  6. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Kind of annoying is all.

We were at hill with queen there and tank taking forever to get in her face so I incep thinking "Im so clever hehehehehe" and then she keeps coming normal speed and im like "Balls"

The only reason she didn't kill half the team(team was slowed by 45%)was because I had force push and stunlocked her.

At least it's better than like a year ago when inception would give her weird slide animation and like 5 movespeed.
    *shudders*
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

STORY TIME MOTHER FUCKERS

Once upon a time in an ancient age, Inception was not the Inception you all knew and love. Inception froze time for all players and enemies, except the Psi-Ops. She was then free to do whatever for the duration, such as kill enemies about to attack allies, move allies with the Gravity Gun, run far from danger, or just attack a boss while it could not fight back.

This was brutally overpowered....everywhere. But, as a temporary fix Ability made the Queen immune to it, which solved the issue of randoming PsiOps...in Easy co.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Tell us more stories, dad!
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

You used to get Precision Shot by equipping a Sniper Rifle. Except, it didn't go away when you removed the sniper. Like a week later Ability just said fuck it and made it a Rifleman skill.

There used to be a Dark Templar at the start of the game to test therms. Ability removed the therms, but forgot to remove the dark templar. So he killed everyone with no way to stop him. Why he didn't use an observer in the first place is beyond me.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I remember this! I was there when he first put in Sniper Rifles!

I still miss the Flamethrower attacking Air. God, that was so great.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I shall correct this to:
    No debuff except Foresight
  12. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I think foresight is a buff to the psi op and it effects everything around her in a radius
  13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It is an aura that applies an aura debuff on all enemies in 9 radius.