Imagine if NOTD were real

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

CNN Reports:

2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

If NOTD were real and we were the ones fighting it. Military members like Diode and I would lead all yall into victory and evacuate the non-combatants.

We'd even do truck for yall :D
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Updated. Please add more like this.
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I think it would be quite terrible, to say the least. I could see many people thinking they would act like epic hero's, but in reality, while I may be able to emotionally detach myself and kill the "zombies", it would be an extremely traumatic experience for me personally, though I could muster the willpower / focus to shoot, however poorly it would be, at Zombies, by degrading them in my head and lowering them down to the lowest possible thing, and that they don't deserve to exist. In all likelihood, I would be the person who wastes an excessive amount of ammo, is very slow at reloading, and is quick to run.

Any Apollo Team / Crew would be faced with unfortunate circumstances; I personally wish there was a 4th Storyline Pre-Apollo, in which the infestation gradually appeared.
  5. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

I was wondering how long it would take for a thread like this to come up.

Also, more military members than u realize play this game. I've seen a few of my friends at Fort Leonard Wood play NOTD but never got hooked like I did.
  6. Shooz
    • Donator

Fear not Arturia. I'm not sure how it is for other military members but, for the Marines. We close and destroy the enemy with superior fire and manuever.

In other words, if an enemy presents itself before us, we shoot the hell out of it and poke it after we think it's dead enough.
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Let us just look at some game mechanics for a minute

If NOTD was real:

People can turn enemies around them red and make them more vulnerable to damage
    People can teleport and instantly kill anything
    People in giant metal suits can randomly glow red and turn invulnerable
    Armor that gets stronger the more you get hit would exist
    Reactive and Kinetic armor would exist.
    People can wear armor on top of armor
    Nova would be real :D
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

9. Shooz
    • Donator

Mmmmmmmm Novaaaaaa /drool
  10. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I'd just kill myself and turn into a robot cat.
  11. Arturia

Dat ass.

Anyways, Looking at some of the mechanics, life would be confusing.

I need some Missiles to fire from my Stinger. Ooh wait, I can use the Ammo for my Flamethrower to do that? And use that same ammo to fire Sniper Rifles, Grenades, and Bullets? Whats up with that?

Also...

I can't jump...

Then...

I do not eat anything.

But lastly...

You're telling me I can carry that huge SHIVA, the size of the Package being Much larger then me, and it takes up the same amount of space as a Magazine of Bullets or a Pistol?

Ignore the zombies temporarily, life would be confusing enough without them. How do you kill clicklings being the major thing though, but I hope I don't ever have to experience Vomit Cam.
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

At first sight, I thought you said vomit-chan. Yes, though, alpha vomit cam would suck the big one.
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Flamethrowers wouldn't work, assault and all the civilians and technician with cockpit open and sex ops and engineers would all die because of the lack of atmosphere, zombies (as alien lifeforms) would probably also die from the lack of atmosphere.

EDIT: so according to the backstory there is a massive "bio-dome" over the entire colony? How exactly do airstrikes and other things of that nature work?

If NOTD were real the FO would be screwed.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

If NOTD was real, no, wouldn't be a huge action hero. I'd be more like John Anderton sort of. I'm there. And probably would have something I could give to more competent hands. "Hey Marines... take my BAR!" (Yes I used to own a BAR... but I had to pawn it during a rough stretch)
  15. Arturia

@Ozymandias (Now Ramses II), Before Air strikes, I think Nuclear Missile & Air drops are the major concern. Do remember, The Commando used to have a Back-pack nuclear Missile.
  16. Shooz
    • Donator

All things are possible in the near future...
  17. Ramses II
    • Donator

sounds plausible... the airdrops were duct taped to the top of the bio domes, and due to some toxin released by the zombies the duct tape gradually deteriorates causing everything to drop at certain points.
  18. Shooz
    • Donator

That's not a farfetched idea at all Ozy....
  19. Ramses II
    • Donator

BTW, you can call me Ozy, Ozymandias, Ramses II, or Ramses. I don't really care. Also Ramses the Great. Or just The Great. Yes, I like that one best.
  20. silentskills

silentskills New Member

fap fap fap