If you're bored of usual Combat Engy tactics, try this.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kenno, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

Engineer research laboratory reporting in.

I have been playing around with the Combat Engy lately, looking for different ways to have fun with it. If you're a bit bored with the usual Combat Engy tactics, try this out.

Go 3 talent points in It's Me Again, 1 in X-1. Then put the next 2 talent points in Boom Head Shot. Grab the nearest Crowbar you see....

If there are no Infested Terrans around, just go bloody nuts with the Crowbar and Boom Head Shot. It's Me Again will provide you with the nice damage buff. If Infested Terrans are present in the mob, just get the Medic to shield you before going in. Even better, if you have an Escape equipped Recon available, get them to cast Escape once the Medic's shields have run out.

With my 4 weapon mods increasing damage and It's Me Again stacking, I get lovely red 130s appearing above my head per hit :D It destroys anything below the level of an Agron very nicely and quickly.

**Edit: Ok, I'm including Agrons too. Just got caught in an Agron cam, hit Boom Head Shot and raped all the Agrons in about 3 seconds.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yyyyep. Crowbar Engineer is very, very silly. There have been times where I simply told the team to cover me and I did Airlock hordes with a Crowbar in one hand and a Combat Knife in the other. Newbies didn't know what to think.
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

adrenaline mando, assa dps or submm crowbar more funz :D
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

But they can't do it as "safely" as the Combat Engineer can. BHS automatically stuns non-heroics, soooo... you can just go in bashing.
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

+the guardian will be stunning as ur charging, if ur amazing.
  6. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

i literally slaughter erebos with CB for nukemando everytime.
  7. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Pros:
    - Very high damage if done properly
    - Looking at someone destroying everything with just crowbar is fun

Cons:
    - Needs good support from the team
    - You get hit more often

An example of Kenno's melee Engineer build in action is shown in the replay attached, our Marksman fell asleep during Perses fight and did not OSOK or shoot it once, Kenno filled in for the damage loss, although there were a few close moments ^^
  8. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Safely? Both safely and safety are overrated :D