Hurricane Sandy in Picture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HDD, Oct 30, 2012.

1. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Thread Title said it all. Most of the picture has been taken yesterday (October 29)in multiple countries that has been affected by the hurricane.

Hurricane Sandy in Photos

Edit:

New entry of pictures, taken on October 30 - After Landfall

October 30 - Hurricane Sandy
  2. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Oh wow, all that flooding. I hope people in the path of it get through it all alright.

Just curious, is anyone on the forum in the path of Hurricane Sandy?
  3. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

wasn't just flooding. some got snow, like me
  4. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

I heard the hurricane was merging with a winter storm or something on the news. Did you only get a bit of snow or is it really bad?
  5. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Lol thank god my area's foundation is built like a fuckin rock.
    Not too far from where i live, everyone in a 15 mile radius from me had their trees uprooted and powerlines crushed by trees, flooding, etc.

Especially worse flooding in cities. NYC has some really old buildings there still so you can bet the amount of damage is significant. This entire front wall of this apartment building was ripped open. You can see each floor's TV and couch LOL.

[​IMG]
    Coney Island's rides are mostly wooden. They are son done, GG (finally).

[​IMG]
    Subways are now submerged like the gondolier rides in Italy
  6. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

"Hurricane Sandy, the largest Atlantic tropical system on record" - Category 2 Storm, hitting America. Widespread panic

Australia has had 18 category 4-5s cyclones.

I personally have lived through some of them.

America = Pussies :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Froblock

Well THIS AINT AUSTRAILIA!
    Amurica is much more civilized to be having those kind of things.
    Why don't you go back to playing with the sharks Humpz? Hmph.
  8. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Also.. you dont have shit on me for tornadoes.. I live in a place called "Tornado Valley" we see about 100+ tornados a year. and you know what we do? We chase them in cars and watch them wreck things cause its fun, i bet you pussy aussies hide in your basements and cellars!
  9. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Pffffttt Cyclones have 100x the destructive power any of your pussy lil wirly winds 'aka tornadoes' have! Besides, tornadoes are heaps rare in Australian. Why? Cause they are pussy weak!

We save ourselves for the best. The biggest. The deadliest.
    Cyclones are tens to hundreds of kms wide (roughly double that for miles. Stupid illogical american maths.) and spread the damage out so far that it can flatten states at a time.

So far, Cyclone Yasi has been my favourite.
    [​IMG]
  10. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Considering the population density of Australia, no storm to ever occur in that country could do as much damage if the same storm was in either coast of North America.

So it doesn't really matter how bad your storms are when they do more harm to kangaroos than to people.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

[​IMG]
  12. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Lol some intense shit. Hurricane, blizzards, flooding, huge fires, millions of people without power, parts of whole counties leveled to the ground.

But perhaps best of all, the Jersey Boardwalk was destroyed, so no more Jersey Shore! :)
  13. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Perhaps you should be careful where you stick your mouth Emp.

Sure population density wise, America has Aussie beat. But to imply that due to that fact alone, the damage cyclones do to the land is nothing more than a scratch?

The heart of many of Australia's agricultural headquarters are unfortunately located in the constant threat of cyclones. Cyclones do just as much damage to the actual land itself than it does to structures. Trees snap in half and are stripped of all theirs branches, well the ones that remain standing anyways.

Let me take just one example, say... bananas. I'll even include a pretty picture for you.

In just 1 night, cyclone Yasi destoryed at least 85 per cent of the $200 million banana industry. Poof. Gone. Just like everything else, this can't be fixed over night. Banana plants take several years to grow.

Doesn't just stop there you know. This all snowballs down the chain, affecting both our country and others, which lead to a reduction in export earnings of around $2.5 billion.
    A vital financial aspect, including many others, of the country were completely and utterly wiped out for years to come. Prices bump up which affects consumers which then have less money for other expenses or have to cut costs all together. Etc. etc.

So yes, any storm to ever occur in this country could do as much damage, if not more, if the same storm was in either coast of North America.

[​IMG]
  14. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I'm sorry, but are you serious?

Over a hundred people are dead as the result of Hurricane Sandy, over 30 in the U.S.

You call it a pussy hurricane and America bunch of pussies.

I tell you that the same storm could never do as much damage to Australia as it could to the NA coasts simply due to population density.

And you tell me to watch my mouth and cite the impact of hazardous weather to your banana economy?

Thoroughly fuck off.

Inb4 you miss the point and tell me how many Australians have died from the cyclones that give you such a lady boner.
  15. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i posted something very very similar but deleted shortly after. last i checked 109 dead (including outside of us) and over 60 billion in property damage alone. however humpz if you wanna continue with your incensitive shenanigans, please do it elsewere
  16. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

How about you go have a warm cup of harden then heck up :)
    QQ some more.

Every country has suffered casualties due to the wraith of mother nature.

Agricultural have a greater worth than what you're proposing Emp. Countries wouldn't lose billions of dollars of export value. And what someone isn't there to buy, someone else will buy it. Chaching. $$$

Sincerely yours,

The Banana Queen

[​IMG]
  17. Froblock

I'm still laughing at the "2.5 Billion Banana Economy"
    vs. the 60 Billion dollars in property damage.

[​IMG]
  18. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Bump, for Edit in my first post
  19. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

You are no Banana Queen. I am the Banana Lord, and I didn't make you the Banana Queen!
  20. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

im more concerned that she looks over the loss of life for the fact that she worried more for the banana industry.