how to watch replay?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Eclair, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Eclair

Eclair New Member

I wish to check my replay to find out whether chem's penance is breaking the invincible in the end of AC.
    However, I pressed watch solo and unable to open pop up.
    So is replay of NOTD is unable to watch until some fix?
  2. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Theres currently a bug from either the mapside or bnet side that breaks replays that arent pub or ec games. sometimes even EC games cant be watched.
    So sadly theres no way atm to watch replays
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Do you think it's because of the cinematics?
  4. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

So far only pub games (especially recruit games) are watchable, and able to take over command as well.
  5. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Just tested ac a bit.
    Ac replays can be watched untill armory, once its triggered the replay cant be watched anymore.
  6. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

i doubt its related to the cinematics. its probably some triggers in the storylines that mess up the replay u.i. or confuse it.
  7. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

There are no cinematics in ac. (untill the ending scene but the bug preventing replays to be watched occures much earlier)
  8. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Disable certain replay options and it should work fine.
    List of features you may not know since hots:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/8501413/

Triggers could also be a strong cause. However make sure all replays options are set properly before checking triggers.
  9. Eclair

Eclair New Member

so what I can do is wait only.....
  10. Scorpione

Yes. Nothing a player can do. Only map maker can fix this.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

There aren't any replay options that I can disable. I did a search on SC2Mapster and can't find any similar problems. I don't see anything unique in the Armory sequence in AC too. May need AP's help here.
  12. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

While I haven't done an entire scientific investigation to determine the details of how/when I can't watch replays, I know that I have never successfully opened a NotD replay, whether it be pub or private game. For me, it doesn't even open the replay; it just gives me an error dialog box withing sc2 saying that it had an error (helpful right?) If you want, I can give more details when I get back on my home computer.
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Never knew it took scientific investigation to watch a replay or determine why one cant watch a replay.
  14. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Extra details, like which campaign it was, how long it was, classes involved, what the actual error message said. You never know where the bugs show up, so yes, a more detailed investigation would be more helpful, unless you prefer the version of less work:

WAAAAAHAAAA I CAN'T WATCH MY REPLAYS FIX IT NOW
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Feel free to invest your time then.
  16. Scorpione

Explanation is there already. Blizz makes replays auto based on what maps select. Some maps replay never have worked for reason x.
    This map did but stopped after patch 2.0 due to new replays features. Something must be not/or is selected that shouldn't or the patch broke something just like 1.5 broke the whole game.

Like arturia said. Feel free to fix it. You have no clue how to? Don't do demands and if have no help stay quiet n stop stressing.
  17. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Actually the explanation isnt there. All we know is that its broken, not what. It started after a patch that included radical changes to the replay funktion which is a likely cause to it but its still a assumtion (and it doesnt even directly link to what in notd causes it) not a explanation.

And im not sure what you guys are attacking him for, where did he try to stress the devs or demand anything? All he said was that he could never load a replay and that the error dialog doesnt help, then even proveded to offer help. Where do you guys see a demand in there?
  18. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

^This
    You're right, I don't know how to fix it, nor do I have any idea as to what may have caused it. But what I can do is try to give so raw data of games that do not work for me (though I believe it to be all games) to try to rule out possible causes that you guys may know of.

From the looks of it, we seem to have different stages of the problem. Not being able to open the replay at all, crashing at a certain event, and the fact that this issue is not seen in any other game creates 3 unique situations, which may all be caused by the same thing, or have different causes.