How to start the eggs event?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by DJudic, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJudic

DJudic New Member

Hi, noob here :blush:

Can you tell how to start the eggs event? We were playing with friends and we got stuck there twice and can't find out what to do. However, once we started it but we are not sure how we did that. Noone in the NOTD channel is saying or they just call us noobs and nothing else. Help?

By the way, about the noobs thing - no one has been born learnt how to play a certain game or do something specific. It is not really nice to call people like that when asking for help. It is not like it's gonna take a life time to explain I guess. Might be good to include it somewhere in the starting screen :-/
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Every living member of the team needs to be in the general vicinity of the eggs. If they are all inbetween the egg clusters it should trigger.

There are occasionally issues relating to triggering it when only 1/2 players are left alive. Not sure why, but it takes some random running around the egg area to trigger.
  3. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

To start the eggs, a specific person and a minimum amount of people have to be within the Airlock (the place where all the eggs and creep are). The specific person is the one who says the opening line "Are you seeing this?" And you need more than one person to stop new people from starting the eggs too early.
    I believe that Ability had decreased the trigger radius, so now you actually have to be near the center of the airlock with all the people to activate it. Just get everyone to the center (including leavers) and you should be able to start it with no problem.
  4. DJudic

DJudic New Member

Hmm. At one point we were 2 left and we wanted to go with a bang. We wasted a good 20 minutes wondering around the room. However, there was one leaver who we could not control and he was at the starting point staying allive.

I guess a suggestion for improvement can be to implement some way to kill the alive characters who have left at the beginning.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

If you picture the airlock, the trigger zone for eggs reaches from:
    between top right of south west eggs (SW), airlock top wall right of centre of top left eggs (NW), slightly outside east airlock wall (SE), erebos gate (NE)

As a square. People inside that area count as being "triggering event"

From that square, the maximum zone then extends outward a bit smaller than the size of commando's nuke radius (around 80).

There is also a smaller intermediate zone about the size of recon's level 2 motion sensor.

To trigger, you need to have at least 2 people (unless only 1 alive) inside the actual trigger zone, and 50% of the team in the intermediate trigger zone. There may be at most 2 people who are in the wider area only.
    However, 100% of people must be within the wider area, if anyone falls outside that wider area, eggs will not trigger.

I hope that helps
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah, that would do it. Having someone, even a leaver, who isn't in the area will prevent it from triggering.
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Since this has been answered, I would like to ask a question. What server do you and your friends hail from? :)
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

He's EU, met him after this thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.