How much do You see a Mobility Recon?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Akuma, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

i disagree that the reaper is faster scouter. its small inven prevents it from scouting the whole map and returning at 1 time with ton of loot. where as the SLOW reaper has to get TWO things, then return, then go back out. rinse and repeat.

now ur argument to the reaper has protect. Great. Mob con has escape. a shield for ONE person is no where as great as keeping the whole team safe.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

If one person is protected they can tank for the team. There are detectors which render escape useless.

Reaper also moves hell of a lot faster and does not have to go around terrain and has better sight because it is a flyer.

The reaper is better because:
    Supplementary DPs that doesn't consume ammo
    Flyer
    Expendable
    Protect skill for speed and emergency tanking
    Modest aoe stun
    Can easily return to pick things up
    Only 3 non-hero's can attack it

Faster because silly protect bug that I posted long ago not being fixed.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

How terrible of an idea would it be to remove the reaper drone's stun and protect?
  4. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

I dont believe regardless of how many detectors there are escape will ever be rendered worthless. Though im a big advocate of do what your suppose to and you never need escape in the first place.
  5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Escape only helps the team when the mobcon is nearby, which means he's not out scouting for things. Mobcon can pick up ammo, flares, medkits, and other supplies better than reaper, due to the quantity, but the reaper can nab equipment just as easily for less risk. When was the last time someone grabbed medkits or flares over the bar or a hmg?
  6. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

That wouldn't change the amount people play mob recon at all. Plus it also makes mob recons less active because they don't have to worry about using refresher when they are off cloaked away from the team. Also once the recon gets T3 he will never exit cloak ever, and he will hardly use refresher when with the team too because all he needs to do is CM and escape, which currently with the way we do things in games isn't really needed to the extent of spamming it constantly.

The only way to make the mob recon to be played more is by reducing the amount of ammo that drops in the games or make a change that doesn't allow players to loot most of the map as a team if they want to get speed.

I think making Refresher allow the mob recon to be perma cloaked without costing any energy is a bad idea.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Mob recon best. No contest, everyone who thinks otherwise has poop on their faces.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'll balance that crude statement with another crude statement.

Surv Recon best. No contest, everyone who thinks otherwise has poop on their faces.

Now everyone can have poop on their faces!
  9. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

u forgot the people who dislike recon in general. do they get candy?
  10. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

They get poop IN their mouth.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Honestly, it bothers me that Refresher is just "mash it every time it's off cooldown", but the Recon is one of the most well-designed classes in NOTD. I don't really know what to do it because it's fine as it is. The only flaws lie in the players and their habits.
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

How about if refresher made cloak not cost energy and only reset cooldowns, rather than also giving bonus energy?
  13. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

I agree. Recon is a beautifully done class, hell really the only class were the hybrid is a accepted and welcomed way to go. imma also agree that refresher is kinda just meh.
  14. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

How to easily make Mob Recon more useful to teams in General

Tweaks these

1. Escape, not only auto-sprint, it will now properly buffs the team's movement speed , hp and energy regenerations for it's duration., Serving as alternative to SS (This energy regen buff does not affect Recon himself). If make possible, all heroes under Escape will move at the same MS as Recon (Unless one already moves faster).

Note : This would mean that even if you're in middle of agron fights, Escape would do you some good, OR if there's trollfestor that is. While it is not as powerful as SS, it has more mobility, true to "Mobility" concept of Mob Recon. Note 2 : The Energy and HP Regeneration DO NOT affects Mob Recon himself, do not spam just for the sake of it, this is not SS !!!.

2. Refresher will now also gives energy to nearby allies (but will not reset their skill's cd)

Note : It has always bother me, that there's atm almost no reason not to keep tapping this button everytime it is availiable. This will make mob Recon play more on helping his energy-hungry comrades, while still functions well as self-energy regens.

3. Reflexes is now an aura with a small radius, empowering dps potential of others as well as giving them much needed dodge chances, to compensate for this, the dodge chance should be lowered a bit.

Note : While at first glance some people may say OMG Aura DPS buff AND DODGE for tankers??, but please bear in mind that this is "short" range aura, meaning Mob Recon must position himself very well so that he can stay near the desired allies with his trololol hp, staying cloaked when needed to buff allies at close range to maximize potential etc.

4. Counter-Measures work on bosses, but lasts shorter and not as powerful, but still enough to suffice.

Note ; The only real downside of CM was it didnt affect boss.

What Mob Recon lacking is not scouting power, he lacks in general team support, which non-dps classes usually are good at. There's no need to buff his stats, only make so that his abilities do more for the team, and not all about himself.

Btw this is all knowledge b4 I quit SC2, if they are outdated, apologies :