HOTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lightning, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

who seen the new units on heart of the swarm in the preview? those units will seem op in ladder!!!!!

liek the scorpion who pulls on the collossus. TELEPORTING SEIGE TANK!!! ,Giant boulder type zerg blocking seige tanks! what will happen when these units enter notd :O?[hr]
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart- ... m-preview/
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Thats pretty much the reason Ability is waiting to begin work on NOTDv2, to have access to the many new zerg units (and some terran ones). In addition to the updates to the battle net infrastructure (ie, mod marketplace, increased map size limits, ect)
  3. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

The "Teleporting Seige Tank" is actually replicants, new Protoss unit that can copy any unit that you have vision of. Also, the preview is fairly old....
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Copy SCV
    Make Terran structures
    Attack with Protoss and Terran
    TerrAn player: WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF
    You: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Quite possible, though if I had to guess, the range on the copy ability will be quite low, meaning you will have to sneak it into a base or duplicate a worker going to an expansion.
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

my face when huggers get upgraded with that pull and no longer just the "hug" we have now :cool:
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Already could do that.

Choker...
  8. Lyanden

choker doesn't drag things through walls/cliffs and are a tad slower than the hook.

or maybe that's better for stranglers

bah, not even here yet and i'm thinking of possibilities
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

You could easily make a choker drag units off terrain heights.
  10. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

i neutral patasited a protoss probe and got a...
    ZERGLOT!
    but really i did
  11. Lyanden

scary shit right there
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

That preview is pretty old, yeah. But when HOTS goes live, Technician is getting a new base model in the Warhound.
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

So the Technician is a Goliath Pilot?

I kinda mock one of my friends as he thought all the stuff they removed from SC1 was because they were totally worthless. And the Terran Preview was all "We're adding this completely new thing... which is exactly like old SC1 units. Hellions turn into Firebats. Give Terrans a machine to do exactly what Spider Mines will do. Pretend you're re-imagining the Thor when you're really just making a Goliath...
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Something like that. I still wish we used the standard Viking as a base model instead of the Hel's Angel model. The wings sticking off of it at all angles irritates the hell out of me.
  15. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Still sad the Carrier is going away though. Blizzard just never attempted to balance it. It's one of the few units I can think of in the Protoss Army that was never, ever touched by a patch (Unless there was one minor one I missed). Wouldn't have been that hard to balance it either.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Part of its removal is that it's laggy as hell (it shits units everywhurr) and because of the Interceptor AI. They just kinda... fly around in circles, and that's not too great for DPS.
  17. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

When I think Laggy as hell, I don't think Carrier, I think Mothership. I always know when one pops on the field because suddenly everyone's FPS drops by 10.
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Actually for those interested, there's already a custom map that mechanically adds all the units from HOTS. They use Mercenary unit models, but mechanically and statically they are identical to (blizzards current) versions of the new units.

I'll have to dig around for the map, Peera's said theres an SEA version too.

The Tempest is OP.
  19. Dovakiin

Dovakiin New Member

Because Carriers don't need any balance fix. Since balance only makes sense in solo games, and in most of the pro-gaming league games(GSL,MLG,etc...), Carriers barely exist. Almost all balance-related patches are based on the feedback from the pro-gamers(mostly Koreans) and their league games, thus Carriers are the kind of units that never gets any attention. I blame Dustin Browder.
  20. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, it's something where they should have gone, "Hmm... no one but HuK will ever use a carrier, and even then he does it just for Lulz. So obviously they must be deficient in some regard. Lets buff it!"

Balance does not mean "Nerf". Though "Balance" tends to mean "Nerf" as far as Blizzard Patches go. I can't think of a single "Balance" patch they did that really buffed anything ever. Well, not in a significant way. Only ones that come to mind was Archons becoming a Massive unit, and a slight move speed increase for BCs (Everything that can attack them still easily outrun them though).