Help Needed : Technical Problem with CPU

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

I'm using Acer Predator G Series and 2 hours ago I was in NOTD and the CPU just friggin shut itself down for no reason, and I can't turn it on again :3 Everyone just love to troll me, first Diode, then Blizzard, now even my own comp trolls me :

I will come back again with more info once I figured out what may be the actual problem, for now I will be inactive in-game.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Sounds like it hit critical temp and shut down to prevent damage... except maybe it was still damaged.
  3. fox

fox New Member

Err....

Peer how do u know it's cpu not mobo or gfx causing a shutdown? Any message at time of crash or reboot? Can u give more details on the symptoms?

P.S. I assume u got a back up comp/phone with internet access...
    P.S.S maybe your comp is retaliating for all your steiner pauses.....
  4. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

So I was in a pub game, reaching Infestor Alley, was going to type a troll chat and the computer shuts itself down, no warning, no delay, it just shuts itself instantly (not by shutting down)

I'm unable to turn it on since, I'm using the old laptop atm, it can still run sc2 on medium settings xd
  5. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Sounds like it's Blizzard's anti-troll feature in effect.
  6. fox

fox New Member

Hmm....

Do you have a spare power supply lying around at home?

When you hit the power switch, did anything turn on? PSU fan running?

If the PSU fan isn't even running, consider replacing it and try again.

If the PSU is running and you can hear the mobo "Beep," but no screen, consider switching to onboard display to see the message.

Anyway, peer I need more details for diagnostics
  7. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Nothing happens when I press the power switch, silent.

Monitor and other stuffs are running properly except the cpu, I'm not sure if it's the problem with cpu or others atm.

It's quite hard to determine since it just shuts down suddenly while playing, computer was turned on for around 3-4 hours before shutting down, but most of the time I was just browsing stuffs and chat in sc2 with occasional troll league games, then I go for NOTD, then boom.

I will probably going to contact for service tomorrow (if they're avai on holidays that is)
  8. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

Unplug the power supply that is connect to the mother board use a wire to jump pins 4 and 6 this should turn it on. If it doesn't means Your PSU is bye bye.
  9. fox

fox New Member

Which is probably what u wanna hear...PSU are usually a lot cheaper to replace compared to CPU and mobo