Harmonization of NOTD Map Names Across Servers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ability, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Today, the NOTD maps are using the current names across different servers:
    SEA - Night of the Dead
    NA - Night of the Dead NA
    EU - Night of the Dead EUROPE

Originally, all servers had the same map name but we had to change it for NA and EU due to a legacy popularity bug that showed hours played as zero.

Impact
    - People may be visiting different NOTD channels on NA/EU servers
    - Harder for Blizzard to identify map across servers

Next Steps
    Since sufficient time has passed since then and we haven't heard of any recurring popularity bugs, I'm proposing to harmonize all the NOTD map names effective next weekend. I'll publish 'Night of the Dead' in NA and EU servers in parellel to the current ones. By next weekend, the old map names will be removed.

If we still see any popularity issues, we'll revert to the old map names. Thanks.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- NOTD map in NA server now has 'Night of the Dead' map updated. Please transition to this one as the old 'Night of the Dead NA' map will be disabled next weekend (14 October 2012).

Just realized that 'Night of the Dead' is no longer available on EU server unfortunately - someone must have took it. So this can only be done on NA server atm.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It should be available actually. Back when you changed the name, because it was featured, it stuck around but trying to enter it resulted in error message.

Searching for it also gives no results now so maybe you need to reactivate the old one to add to arcade to then modify?

Just read the Blizz email to you. Tell them that it was featured back in the day on EU and name was then changed and that it bugged out or so and whther they can restore it for you.
  4. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Recently I read the message Blizzard send you for putting NOTD on featured, I suppose the transition to 1 NOTD map happens before then. I suppose that's a good news to bring new players. However I'm hoping that few easy to fix bugs gets fixed soon :)
  5. rayjobob

rayjobob New Member

so does this mean that everone can play together? and we all merge into 1 server?? cuz NA can be a lil dead sometimes
  6. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

No the game is just getting renamed on the NA server, and hopefully the EU server in the near future.
  7. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

"Night of the Dead NA" is still up :eek: I'll still just be playing "Night of the Dead" obviously, but lots of other people are still hosting NA pubs haha.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Please continue getting people to play 'Night of the Dead' on NA server. Will soon phase the old map out.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Can someone also help identify the current author of 'Night of the Dead' on EU server if possible? Need Blizzard's help to unblock that map name.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

There is no such map listed on the arcade.

In the past that name was claimed by yourself though
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

All updates will now only be done on 'Night of the Dead' map on NA server. 'Night of the Dead NA' map will not be updated on-going to smooth the transition to the original map name. Latest patch has been uploaded on NA.
  12. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

'Night of the Dead NA' will no longer be publicly playable effective 8 December 2012 (Saturday). Please give the NA community a heads up and Bookmark 'Night of the Dead' on NA server. PM me if any violent objections.
  13. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Ahh thank you Ability for getting rid of Na version, was wondering when that would be implemented. People keep getting split up between the two versions.
  14. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

'Night of the Dead NA' has been set to Private. All NA games will now be on 'Night of the Dead'.