Hall of Fame: Workshop.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Lock, we'll discuss how we're building out combat cards, emblems, templates, and other goods regarding the Hall of Fame here.

I'd like to have you head this up as you've done an amazing job thus far on it. If you're available enough for it, let me know here and we can begin planning for the future.
  2. Lock

Lock New Member

I'm all for it. Classes are fairly slow currently so I should be able to devote a decent amount of time to it. What did you have in mind?
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Mostly just posting of different templates that we'll be using. The best ideas for voting someone into the HoF, construction of combat cards.

As this thread's name states, it's our workshop. Anyone else feeling inclined to submit ideas and material for this should also be welcome to pick up a hammer here.
  4. Lock

Lock New Member

Do you want more than one template card or just the one? My only worry with more than one is that it is quite a bit of work and currently we already have quite a bit of customization in the current card between profile pictures and information provided on them.
  5. Shooz
    • Donator

We could change them quarterly(every three months) or semi-annually(six months).

What's your take on that?
  6. Lock

Lock New Member

I probably can do that or learn to improve my personal skills so that I can create a new template every few months or so. Would you want them to simply be altered or completely redone and if so do you have any idea how you'd want each new one to look beyond the current metallic look.

Do you think we would have enough new nominations to justify creating new templates and use them since I would assume for the first wave we are going to have a lot of people some of the older people nominated in.

Finally speaking of nominations how many do you think it should take to bring in new members to the HOF? 3-4 seems reasonable to me and some of the more iconic players should simply be allowed to join without nominations since they are gone and helped create milestones in development with suggestions and play testing. Example Being: HunterIZ, all the current mod's, Kane, etc etc.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

I'll leave the decision of how people are inducted to you.

As far as the templates, They should resemble different aspects of NOTD. Like one could be white with moon craters on it. The most I forsee changing in them is the border and backgrounds.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Suggestion for how people are inducted: Once they reach 5 nominations, a thread is made for them in which a poll as to whether that specific person should be in the HoF. If the number of yes votes is greater than the number of no votes cubed, they are inducted. Otherwise they need 3 more nominations by people who didn't nominate them before. Poll is not anonymous, no votes must have a very good reason given.
  9. Lock

Lock New Member

So you would suggest making a new thread specifically for polling votes or should it just be in a thread and all typed out to keep thread spam down?
  10. Ramses II
    • Donator

I was suggesting a new thread for each person nominated, lasting exactly 1 week before being locked/deleted (locked for those not inducted, deleted with pertinent info added to the primary HoF thread for those inducted). I don't think there would be much forum spam as I don't think many people will get the nominations very fast. (back in september we had no one get to 5 nominations)

If necessary it could be made so that only one voting thread would be active per week.
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Do we have a nomination thread?
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

The nominations are in the General Discussion HoF thread. YetiSwarm retrieved them I believe.