Hall Of Fame: WIP

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lock, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Lock

Lock New Member

Alright so awhile ago it was mentioned that a Hall of Fame should be created to remember some of the older members of the forum. In light of past events it makes a bit more sense to build it now.

This is what was created and is mainly a template of BS'ed information:
    [​IMG]

Generally speaking information on each card will be taken from the nominations of other people (IE if people generally say your a leader then it will be on the card) and the hope is that each member will give information such as their CC ID, favorite unit, quote and such. Also to assist with read ability all information will be typed up in a post underneath the actual card.

Finally a small emblem was created for each member and if I recall correctly will be added to the post.

Questions, comments, concerns, and any other general feedback is most appreciated.
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

This was worked on by our Black Ops members for a while until it was pushed to the bottum of the stack. If you'd like to see this system implemented, please support Lock as he is the lead of design for the combat cards.

We will have an emblem for members inducted as Lock stated as well.
  3. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

This was initially Shooz's thread, but after the forum crash I found the Google cache of the nomination thread and posted it here. So at least for now I'll take care of keeping it updated.

Hall of Fame Nomination Thread.
    "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
    Let's try to build a legit Hall of fame. We can make a list and sum up a few reasons why each person was added.

In order to do this, as seen below, post a link to that players profile and under it, hit them with a quick spotlight so that people can see what they've done and why they're being nominated for the Hall of Fame. The more information you can provide on why a player is being nominated, the better, so that we can truly commemorate them and, in the future, have information to use on the cards Lock described in the OP. Nominations with no description will not be included in the list.

I will copy nominations from other users' posts into this post to keep things consolidated and easy to find. All quotes will be direct quotes, but quotation marks will be omitted for ease. It will be updated, alphabetized, and linked to the nominee's forum account where possible. If your nomination was not added to this list, let me know. The original posts should all still exist within this thread (or at least those that the old forum didn't swallow up and die with).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nominees

Ability
    Existence of NOTD and this forum. Starts of every person in Hall of Fame. - By AngelDisrupt

ArcanePariah
    Long time NOTD veteran. Constantly is training new blood on NA. Even outside of NOTD is constantly keeping tabs on people and making sure everyone's doing alright. - By Lock

Archangel
    Arch is not only an extremely skilled player, but he is a great team player as well. Arch is someone that you can pretty much always rely on to fulfill his role in the game as long as that role isn’t tank or trapper. He is a very knowledgeable player, and that knowledge is displayed in every game he plays. Arch is also a lot of fun to play with. - By Jercy

Blaqk
    He lurked like a boss from 2010 to late 2011 where he saved the community with his House Divided post. Since then he has been an active and helpful member of the forum, most recently having saved many of our threads from the past forum. - By Ramses II (Ozymandias)

Diode
    Arguably the best player on NA because of the skill and knowledge that he displaces about every class and the game throughout every game he is in. He has led us to victory on many occasions, and we wouldn’t have been able to accomplish the things when have without his leadership both in and outside of games. He is the ideal NOTD teammate. He will always pick up stuff that anyone on the team needs, allow others to get kills so they can level, and will always give a weapon to its proper user. - By Jercy
    Diode
    Not only one of the most skilled strategists I have had the pleasure of playing with, but he has earned my respect. ( which is hard to do) He developed the overall NM ec run strategy. Much love dio. - By Osaze

Downloading (Forum Profile not found)
    Another NA ancient, and not many of us left. Whether drunk or sober pretty damn good. good suggestions. Fun to play with. - By Mossy

DrawingDead
    Dead is an extremely skilled player as well. He has displayed to me many times that he can play any class, and he plays them all well. Despite Dead’s extremely danger close nukes, which worry me sometimes, he is still a fun guy to play with that always seems to be doing the right thing or the best thing for the team. - By Jercy

DrCaptain
    For being around back to the early days of NA and being one of the the funniest guys to play with. Good man. Funniest drunken Doc next to sinde. - By Mossy

dRyRain (Forum Profile not found)
    Yet another ancient and funny guys. very knowledgeable. Troll King. fun to play with. - By Mossy

Earendil
    Existence of NOTD and this forum. Starts of every person in Hall of Fame. - By AngelDisrupt

Emperor
    The guy that always seems to be the last man standing. He was the first one to get the majority of his medals to level 3. He is an extremely skilled and knowledgeable player that taught me a lot about this game and about how to use classes in ways that were just awesome. He always knows what to do and where to stand, and plays all classes better than all but a few. - By Jercy

Faneria
    Extreme OP-ness in levelling and making the game easier with early Nexus. - By KageNoKami

FlinkLckwood (Forum Profile not found)
    Mentor, Moderator, Friend. An old salt who left for personal reasons, but I still miss him to this day. Popularized many of the Commando's tactics still in use. First Commando I ever saw, primary reason I chose the class over the others. - By NiteShade
    FlintLckwood
    FlintLckwood, definitely. Taught commandos the value of Pistols and Flamers, not to mention Surgical Strikes back when people used to completely ignore it in favor of pure Adrenaline. Also the guy who "invented" Sonic Traps and had them put in game, so many teams owe quite a few victories to him. Always was willing to teach a guy how to use his build as best as possible and be open to experimenting rather than just telling people to only go with one particular build. Nice guy, very helpful towards newer players as well as fairly skilled. Yes I know Nite already nominated him, but it deserved to be seconded. Gone, but not forgotten, even players who never ran with him, or knew him, are still effected by his contribution to the game. - By ArcturusV

Fox
    Veteran Marksman. Helped set up cross server NOTD games that conquered Hades: the boss that is suppose to rarely be beat. Need one say or do more? - By Lock
    Fox
    Virtually doing all the hard work for Sec NM to beat and complete it. - By KageNoKami

GlazedDonut (Forum Profile not found)
    Plays when GF is asleep and able to solve any problem that is NOTD or about schooling. Even that unveristy math and other classes. (No Forum Profile) - By DeficioFreak

Gruvious (Forum Profile not found)
    Description not needed, but he's the incarnation of HunterlZ Tongue - By PeerawatZ
    Gruvious
    Contributions to Apollo Sec storyline.I can remember my newbie days when Sec Team was not done(e.g. Reactor Core bar overloading to 400/273 and still not completed). - By KageNoKami

Gunnar (Forum Profile not found)
    Facetanking Assmm and still scout better then some mob recons. - By DeficioFreak

Hopelessnoob (Forum Profile not found)
    He was the kind of player that always wanted to do the impossible or the extremely challenging tasks such as doing Seth during queen, or doing chem leak right after black ops. He was one of my favorite players to play with because he was very skilled and knowledgeable about the game and he was just a fun guy on top of that. Even though he got the team killed sometimes, I would always forgive him because he was just a great guy. - By Jercy

HunterIZ (Forum Profile not found)
    Taught a lot of the older members of NA how to play and beta tested engineer and commando before a lot of use got to 5000 exp. - By Lock

Jercy
    The first game I played with Jercy we were sitting at the fort during the muta wave, I was trapping and he was engi. I came to the end of the arm to put a trap under him and I remember thinking "holy s***, there's a pack of 5 slashers about to come into the fort!" Then I realized they were all his. I spent the rest of the muta wave watching as he masterfully microed his slashers in order to mc a few more. Jercy has since been one of my favorite people to play NOTD with, as well as Star Strikers and other games. - By Ozymandias

Kane (Forum Profile not found)
    A voice of reason amongst us all early on. There were some heated debates at times, but was level headed and willing to help at least on the forums. Never had the pleasure of playing a match with him. - By Lock

Ketchup (Forum Profile not found)
    An engy that taught me dont matter what or who, you win with engy with both trees. - By DeficioFreak

Khorne
    For being my brother in arms with pushing for the recon skills and being an all around fun guy to play with. - By Mossy

Kithrixx
    For his Tech that is not balanced fully and is way of tanking anything, on any class. - By DeficioFreak
    Kithrixx
    He gave us the technician. He gave us the pathfinder. He gave us the Weapons and Items guide. He gave us the guide to creating concept classes. He had over 100 CP in assault. He taught me that, when tanking, it is not so much how you get the job done as it is that the job gets done, and done well. - By Ramses II (Ozymandias)

Lucid
    For is ability to nuke anything, able to do anything also to put with with anything in vent. - By DeficioFreak
    Lucid
    I have known Lucid for forever it seems. Lucid has always been a veteran in my eyes and will always be. He is an extremely skilled player that can play any class. He is a great team player that is always trying to help out his teammates how ever he can. Lucid is a lot of fun to play with and is always doing the correct thing. - By Jercy

Magistrate (Forum Profile not found)
    I'll actually nominate Magistrate. Granted he was a tool who only played Easy Mode, but I remember playing games with him and he was damn good. - By Inquisitor

Maniac
    Virtually doing all the hard work for Sec NM to beat and complete it. - By KageNoKami
    Maniac
    For being an all around good man, talented in game and teaching SEA tactics to NA. fun to play with. fun to hear on vent. - By Mossy

Marloe
    For his guides, his mind for discussion, and his demo, and Arty FO. - By DeficioFreak

Mossy (Forum Profile not found)
    He plays guitar in vent , with skills =) - By AngelDisrupt

Nicarco
    For producing a fan fiction that made me want to see more and more. You writings caught my attention more than any other and that's an accomplishment since normally i'm just trying to ban fools. Good job staying out of my hair and giving me something to read while I wait for people to post off topic! - By Shooz

NiteShade
    For running and tirelessly updating the wiki like its his day job Big Grin - By RKGhost
    NiteShade
    Teaching anyone Ops commando correctly. - By DeficioFreak
    NiteShade
    He is the creator of the NOTD Wiki, and a very skilled NOTD player. Very few players can nuke like Nite. Games with Nite are always fun, exciting, and interesting because of crap that Nite does such as nuke a cam that just spawned argons in which pretty much the whole team is in the middle of and everyone walks away alive. Nite is one of the greatest NOTD players ever, and I would always love to have him in my game. - By Jercy
    NiteShade
    He had over 4,000 posts on the original thread and 130 reputation points. He has been less active in-game the past few months, but still he has not forsaken his responsibilities on the wiki and the forum, even though he is busy with a thousand other things. He is probably the best operations commando ever to play the game, and his precision nuking strikes fear into the hearts of the undead. - By Ramses II (Ozymandias)

Omegaman (Forum Profile not found)
    First on the list would be a great guy and good friend of mine in his time here... In your time here you sat down with me and showed me some excellent techniques for playing when I barely had 4k experience in game. You're the only player who has earned a level 3 Medal of Honor that I know of and you are damn good at every class you play. I think you deserve nomination my friend. May you come back one day, bless us with your presence and skill, and see our appreciation for you. You are missed. - By Shooz

Osaze
    A great team player that can play any class he wants. He will always be your friend because he looks past an instance of disagreement and moves on from it. Osaze is someone that I will always love playing with because he almost always knows what to do and can do it well. He is always willing to teach new players how to play, and to show them their faults and how they can improve. - By Jercy

PapaPuff (Forum Profile not found)
    Hosting channel games. (No Forum Profile) - By DeficioFreak

PeerawatZ
    For the massive amount of work he's put in to help polish the game - By Marloe
    PeerawatZ
    Outstanding contributions to game design. - By KageNoKami

Quassy (Forum Profile not found)
    Remembered more for his faults than his successes he deserves recognition for the NOTD loading screen and a lot of the artistic direction of NOTD. - By Lock

Reaper/Warden
    Been consistently active on the forum for almost a year. Made the precursor to the NOTD Wiki which is a monolithic thread. Constantly looking to fine tune NOTD's subtle and macro features that most members their forget about or over look. - By Lock

Shooz
    Notd Vent makes gaming better. - By AngelDisrupt
    Shooz
    He gave us a place where we could communicate more effectively as a team, which gave players many opportunities to achieve greater things. He is a great player that is always reasonable, and will always have a constructive conversation with you. Shooz is a great team player that always listens to the leader, and will always help out the team in whatever way he can. Even though Shooz has a small amount of experience he has the skill of true veteran player. - By Jercy

Sindekhan (Forum Profile not found)
    NotD NA's most grizzled combat veteran, Former Army Sergent and overall badass. Used to run NM Alphas like they were going out of style. A total drunken, and a hardcore medic. A hilarious combination. If you ever wanted to hear a war story, talk guns, politics, or military, he was the man. - By NiteShade

Thaddius (Forum Profile not found)
    Yet another helpful old veteran player. Stuck it through with us when NOTD's popularity tanked early on and helped define some of the play styles we still see around today. - By Lock

Thorn (Forum Profile not found)
    All level 3 medals except DSM and MoH IIRC (with slightly less xp too even) and is always setting up winning games. I play with him as often as I can and he should certainly be on this list if I am. He leads the team and fills the roles that are needed to make it a win, whatever the medal we're going for. - By YetiSwarm

TimDraco (Forum Profile not found)
    Everything is all right. Even if there is a ton of bubble gum, everything is fine - By DeficioFreak

YetiSwarm
    This guy has the best stats iv'e ever seen for the amount of xp that he has. Plus he is a great team player! All around champ in my eyes. - By Envy

Yorick
    Alas Poor Yorick, he's the only one of the original Triumvirate of Moderators left. He's still floating with his Forum Cloak, but he's been terribly busy in real life. - By NiteShade

Zuriel
    I would say one of the communities best fan fiction writers, but there really is no contest. He's released multiple chapters in his fan fiction and any glance at his reputation shows that people are in suspense waiting for the next chapters. Factor in the suggestions and feedback he's given to NOTD and you have a solid contestant in my opinion. - By Lock
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Nice. This will definitely help spark people's memories.
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

NiteShade
    He had over 4,000 posts on the original thread and 130 reputation points. He has been less active in-game the past few months, but still he has not forsaken his responsibilities on the wiki and the forum, even though he is busy with a thousand other things. He is probably the best operations commando ever to play the game, and his precision nuking strikes fear into the hearts of the undead.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Kithrixx
    He gave us the technician. He gave us the pathfinder. He gave us the Weapons and Items guide. He gave us the guide to creating concept classes. He had over 100 CP in assault. He taught me that, when tanking, it is not so much how you get the job done as it is that the job gets done, and done well.

"I spend my free time working to make things better. You may not like my methods, but that's tough. At the very least, I don't run out of things to do." - Kithrixx
  7. Inquisitor

Inquisitor New Member

I'll actually nominate Magistrate. Granted he was a tool who only played Easy Mode, but I remember playing games with him and he was damn good.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Should someone nominate me, I'm easy mode for the emblem. I still have my old symbol from my Dead Frontier days.

[align=center][​IMG][/align]
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

All right then.

Blaqk
    He lurked like a boss from 2010 to late 2011 where he saved the community with his House Divided post. Since then he has been an active and helpful member of the forum, most recently having saved many of our threads from the past forum.

Keep in your memory,
    the 5th of February,
    an updated forum was sought.
    I know of reason
    why the forum deletion
    should ever be forgot.
  10. Shooz
    • Donator

I like that emblem Blaqk. Want to help Lock by finding more like it?[hr]
    I'd also Like to nominate someone.

Nicarco: For producing a fan fiction that made me want to see more and more. You writings caught my attention more than any other and that's an accomplishment since normally i'm just trying to ban fools. Good job staying out of my hair and giving me something to read while I wait for people to post off topic!
  11. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I made that emblem forever ago to compliment the evil overlord persona I had in DF. If I have time, I might aid in making emblems for others.
  12. Sagev

Sagev New Member

I not haz nominationz? I bossed months of my life away as the engineer that could only to have my engy towers nerfed and no nominations?! I'm a sad pannndddaaaa
  13. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Archangel
    Arch is not only an extremely skilled player, but he is a great team player as well. Arch is someone that you can pretty much always rely on to fulfill his role in the game as long as that role isn’t tank or trapper. He is a very knowledgeable player, and that knowledge is displayed in every game he plays. Arch is also a lot of fun to play with.

DrawingDead
    Dead is an extremely skilled player as well. He has displayed to me many times that he can play any class, and he plays them all well. Despite Dead’s extremely danger close nukes, which worry me sometimes, he is still a fun guy to play with that always seems to be doing the right thing or the best thing for the team.

Lucid
    I have known Lucid for forever it seems. Lucid has always been a veteran in my eyes and will always be. He is an extremely skilled player that can play any class. He is a great team player that is always trying to help out his teammates how ever he can. Lucid is a lot of fun to play with and is always doing the correct thing.

By the way is someone going to up date YetiSwarm's post with new nominations?
  14. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Oh yeah, I was mostly just posting it so it wouldn't get lost in the forum transfer, but I can keep that up to date. I'll see about alphabetizing for ease of finding people and linking names to profiles when I get a chance.
    Update, alphabetizing, and linking done. Names that differ from forum names likely missed in linking.
  15. Einstein

Einstein New Member

Sniff... Sniff.. No one loves their Medic anymore.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

how do i get my name on there :p
  17. Hades

Hades Member

Hardly anyone being nominated from the EU servers, should be some there who were crawling through those awefull one chapter w/o ending games in nightmare paving the way :D
  18. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Shooz, or whoever is bold enough to have unstickyed this thread, please make it a sticky again. Thank you.

Hmm... I don't think unstickyed is even a word, but you get what I'm saying.
  19. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

^^^^ this
  20. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Thank you Lulz.