H-3 wiki help

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Sep 11, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but on the wiki it says , for instance alpha chapter 2, normal h3 drop is3 on normal and 2 on nightmare, that means 5 total on nightmare right?
    Also, it says about 40 creds for each boss killed, (not all bosses), I was wondering how the amt and amplifier works on solo, obviously its not 40, but I remember when I had 30k xp tart would give me 2 normal and 5 nm, now he only gives me 1/2, which is fine, but was wondering if anyone knows how it works? I've read the amts of xp for 1.1 1.3 1.7 and so on, multipliers for credits, is it pretty much the same ? Basically, even though its solo, does it split 40 creds as though there's 8 ppl playing or does it give u a set amt?
    Thanks
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

If you solo, or have under a certain character count, the game gives you drastically reduced credits.
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol I know that, I'm just wondering if there's any way to calculate how much? At 30k xp I was getting 6 creds per h3 now I get 2, if it wasn't for that I would think 1 was the base for most credit gains, but tart, ere1 give 1 credit, ere 2 give 2, before it was like 2/2/2 or 4 idk.
  4. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Can (50) / Number of Players (8 or whatever) * Credit multiplyer (your case it is 1.4)

That is it
    For when you solo I dont know how much it is reduced by but i know it is a significant amount. A safe bet would b play 8 man nm games. Easy 200-300 creds per game.
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

well i know how the multiplayer divide works, thanks though
  6. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

The wiki has a weakness for credits
  7. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

8. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Heh, I'm not gonna lie, the wiki kinda does have a weakness for credits it seems, and unfortunately, I don't know the credit mechanics as well as others do. I just keep the wiki running and free from any vandals (we haven't had a vandal since January 2012 IIRC, if you don't count Pyromaniac's funny pics)

And yes Pyro, I saw what you did to the Hulk page.

So anyway, the credits in each h3 can is 50 right, not 40? (wiki says 40, was it ever 40 at any point?)
  9. Arturia

It is 40 (base).
  10. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

It was an epic hulk pic

But ya, H3 cans start at 40, get divided between the people still there, and then each player gets their credits after their rank multipliers are taken into mind.
  11. Thermidor

Ok thanks. Was asking because Archangel's post began as "Can (50)..." and I wasn't sure whether it had changed or was just a typo.
  12. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

i went off ur silly wiki.

u better fix it NAOW!
  13. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol.... So... Well Thx anyways everyone
  14. Thermidor

Ahh, I see what happened. I tracked it right down to that particular edit. It turns out that the sentence did once say 40 credits, but NiteShade seems to have edited it to 50 credits at the 23rd February 2012. Strange seeing that I don't remember it ever being 50 creds per can.

The page was also messed up since it does state cans being worth 40 creds at the bottom of the first paragraph but when you look further down the page, you get to the bit where Nite wrote 50.
  15. Arturia

Alright, so after finding an H-3 in a single player game, this info was born.

You get roughly 10% of the normal credits.

At 32k EXP, one H-3 Canister rewards 6 credits.

40 * 1.4 (Multiplier) = 56.
    6/56 = .10714

Because of the Commutative Property, it doesn't matter at which point Ability has the credit reduction occur.

It is likely this applies to everything. Might try a 2-man later to figure if the # of players changes this or not.
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Kinda feel stupid about not figuring it out on my own.