Guardian of the Beta... does it need a rework?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by RoboMonkey, Jun 6, 2013.

1. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Then whats the point of net? if you nerf net to something that slows down units, we have CM for that.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

What the fuck is up with net? Wasn't it just a move speed debuff, not a stun? All I can recall net being is a fairly crude movement slow that was supposed to allow flying targets to be attacked with ground-only weapons while under its effects.

Nanonet stunning / stopping units definitely sounds like a bug.
  3. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

we have faith for stun?

Regardless, net is broken. Read what it's supposed to do, not what it does.
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Maybe have GotB be immune to stuns or make it so that once he is stunned you need to wait about 5 seconds to stun him again?
  5. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Maybe not entirely immune, but 50% reduction in effects/debuffs duration? Most game's bosses or heroes have more reductions that any other mobs.
  6. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

The point of reworking GOTB is to make him impossible to camp or tank. I was under the impression that most of survival was about kiting, and the last boss should fit that.

When I play Surv, GOTB can't get through 2 MCed agrons. It doesn't even matter that he can't walk up there due to pathing errors. Immunity or limitation to stuns is an afterthought. It's hard enough to kite him, let's not make it more difficult, okay?

Simply giving him cliffwalk won't prevent camping, as there are locations which are impossible to cliffwalk up due to double cliffs.
  7. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

If giving GOTB cliff walk is the final option, then I suggest that the right double cliff of the scrapyard entrance to be fit with a single cliff as illustrated. Since mobs only come up from the edge, this will provide extra challenge if people intended to camp there, and sorry for the very rough pic.

______
    |
    |     __    <Alpha Toxic A>    /  /
    |    |   |                      /  /
    |    |   |_________________/  /
    |    |   _<double cliff>________/
    |    |   |            \___/ ← new single cliff somewhere there
    |    |__|  <Gen>
      ↑
    Scrapyard entrance
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Nanosteel Net does not stun, it roots the enemy in place. They can still attack, but they cannot move. I have no issues reducing it to a slow for Massive units.
  9. vexxenon

I purpose all discussion with any character rework, boss balancing, mode balancing to be put on immediate hold. Development teams biggest concern of right now is what Niktos said on another thread.

"Ballance of broken vs working modes remained same but let's face it most played mode is recruit, most of game popularity comes from people that never bothered to come to forum nor join game channels in game, they just click 'play' and will be first ones to stop if the game mode they know stops working."

Face it, you are losing population, and what could be faster in terms of losing population then having your ec recruit mode totally broken?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Vex, chill. We got the message. We are working on it. There are already two other threads (one of which YOU STARTED in bug reports (that doesn't actually contain any bug descriptions, just complaining)) about the situation. Stop posting about it unless you have something relevant to say.
  11. vexxenon

I know mods have an upper hands on this, but if you want to jabber about who started what, look to your reply of that thread. Clearly, my description of bug is sufficient for people that played the game, and everyone understands what message I was trying to convey.

You replied with something along the lines of "Your assumption that it's intended is insulting." Well, I apologize that there wasn't any change log with regards to the latest release, or my assumption of this new introduction of ambient mob spawn a "feature" or "bug". Remember, for us regular players, we don't have the inner circle of BO, I can only take things as it appears in the game, and if ambient spawn increase to the state as it is, I can only assume that it's fubar, during several surv nm right after the change, many people assumed it was an undocumented feature, but we can't be certain, as there were no change log for version 2.53.

If you want something relevant, look at Nik's suggestion, bring NOTD into a stable version that you can revert to in case of times like this. I'm purposing something to the more extreme, fix all those bugs before you start talking character balancing (i.e., FO, med, tech, pf) as it ultimately will introduce more bugs than features.

Lessons learned, I don't know who is in the development team of NOTD2, and I can only assume the people that's involved in NOTD will/is part of the NOTD2 development team. But there is got to be a process which new patches gets released to the general public, to go through some sort of QA, to ensure stupid bugs that is clearly visible if you simply played the game (ammo count, sting lag, crazy ambient spawn that is not intended for other mode, but somehow made it over) gets caught. Otherwise, you'd just be shooting yourself in the foot every single time. Ultimately, with every patch released that introduce more bugs than it solves, you'll lose population, how do you confirm this? Look at the channel population.

Like I said in the 1st sentence, mods probably have an upper hands on this, so if you consider this reply a "complain" instead of feedback from someone that plays the game more damn times than most developers, then feel free to delete it.

Vex.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Vex, you seem to not understand that maybe we can't play all the time. We are not omnipotent. I personally have not played NOTD in a while - the most that I do are Weekday Purification games, otherwise, I avoid it. The reason for this is because I have been heckled and insulted on a regular basis ever since I was hired - if a problem arises, very rarely am I not blamed for it immediately (even if it was something that could not possibly be my fault). I am not happy with the lack of change logs either. When people come to me with bugs, I don't know what is and isn't a bug. I don't know what features are and aren't implemented. It drives me crazy.

This part in particular irritates me the most. Chanting "fix the bugs" over and over will not make things go any faster. The bugs are documented, we are attempting to fix them with all speed. In the meantime, it does not hurt anything to discuss rebalancing or updating classes or bosses or whatever the hell else.

The testing thing has been addressed in the other thread that is actually for discussing the current map fiasco. The main point of my reply was to notify you that complaining in multiple threads is not conducive to getting something done.

Stop repeating yourself. We get it. We're working on it. Chill out.
  13. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Why not just give GOTB an ability to jump? I mean, it has two big legs and 2 story high cliff look short enough for GOTB to jump on. Maybe for every 3-15 seconds, GOTB will jump toward largest number of players standing close to each other if they're 3-5 range away from GOTB. If unable, GOTB has two big arms that it could just heave itself up (.5 range jump that traverse two cliffs)

*in Mario tone* Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Okie dokey.
  14. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

But can we stop Gotb from jumping or push him off while he in jump? If not would be pretty rape, Gotb comes near jump up rapes everyone in a mere few secs
  15. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that that's the same thing as cliff walk with a cool down time.
  16. WarToRock

WarToRock Member

just give gotb the ability to spawn 2 nydus full of larva at the same time.^^ At least it makes it a bit harder but not too op. Wont be a big deal for a xpd team but can hurt if u dont take attention. And thats all about or? Pissing dps and chewing bubble gum on a highcliff makes surv(nm) easy.

I like those chilling dps parts. And i bet ppl will tk l3 each other when paras wanna nomnom em xD
  17. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Here's an idea, primarily from this bad-boy I made.
    [​IMG]

Change the GOTB's color scheme... to make it more evil and frightening. (You can probably use the Tal'darim Zealot from HOTS, the ones from Phantoms of The Void Mission)
  18. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Or how about a 15 range teleport, charge time of 5 seconds, and move speed of 0 and attack disabled for 5 seconds after the teleport, to be re-enabled after 5 seconds have elapsed. Will teleport towards groups of 3 or more players, attempting to even intercept possible pathing. (advanced ai)
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Agree that Engy towers shouldn't have pathing.

Proposing a new ability for GOTB. What do you think?

Guardian's Focus (Active - can only cast when engaged in combat with players)
    - When cast, a 7 radius blue energy circle will form under him. GOTB turns invul, turns inactive and 'charges' for 7 seconds. After 7 seconds, everything in 100 radius not in energy circle gets hit by an energy blast for 777 damage.
    - GOTB will use this ability every 45 seconds.

Rationale:
    - To promote a bit more movement vs. just camping.
    - Unique ability vs. just cliffwalk
  20. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

That new ability will promote camping like nothing else.
    No way in hell i'm getting into 7 range of nm gotb on same terrain lvl. Even if he is disabled for time of 'charging' attack, he won't be after using it and then stun is late by 0,5 second and someone got sliced in half. If this skill was to punish camping it would need to work other way round so that stuff close to gotb gets fried instead.

We will find a way to camp it out anyway, i never kited gotb before tower block 'era' and don't really plan to after.