Graphical issues when playing Sec Team

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by elPuncho, Apr 30, 2012.

1. elPuncho

elPuncho New Member

Hi,

just wanted to play a normal Sec team a few minutes ago, after selecting classes everything was fine, i´ve been in team a.

then when we open the south aL gates it started flickering, my fps droped form 40 to 0, first just a bit supprised i headed to middle where it ended in a blackscreen, couldnt even see what i wrote, so i left the game over hotkeys.

tested a solo sec nothing happend, thing why i wrote this, had the same yesterday allready and could play the other story lines without any efforts, at that time i just thought it was some other.
    One of the other players of the game told me had same problem.

i am playing on ultra and only had some artillery problems before this, but they are gone since the graphic fixes in there.

wanted to check the replay if the same would happen to me but it seems blizzard only allows 1k vids, so i overwrite it with my solo test
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Pause the game.

Alt+Tab away from SC2.

Alt+Tab back to SC2.

Unpause and continue playing.
  3. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Simple but it works
  4. elPuncho

elPuncho New Member

ok ty for that tip but
    why does it only happen to sec?
    i mean i play on 2 monitors, with windowmod and other monitor allways some stream, if this could be an issue
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

No clue but sometimes I take a break from notd and play cortex roleplaying, the screen rarely turns yellow but if I does I follow that step
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I have also had this issue, and I too have a dual monitor setup, so that may be related. What I have noticed also is that if I do no alt tab out and back in, the problem somehow crashes my drivers, and locks them into 2D clocks (effectively making my graphics card work at 50% power). I have also noticed that this usually happens when my graphics memory is nearly or totally full. It may be some memory misallocation bug, but I have no real way to be sure. There could also somehow be texture corruption of some kind, I know Sec team had major issues with that when the Charlie Cutscene was around, the mines looked half covered over, the hills looked weird, other doodads just looked totally screwed up.
  7. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Yeah there's something wrong with Sec Team. I've had this problem a number of times and what I do is never play Sec Team until the next patch, and hope it's gone.

It's happened intermittently over the course of my playing NOTD.

Alt-tabbing never worked for me, but what did work once was setting from full screen to windowed and back. It seemed to stop stroking then. (though I play full screen windowed and set it to full screen and back)

I've dropped out of so many Sec Games because of this dumb fucking bug I just stopped playing Sec for long periods of time. It wasn't, isn't worth it.
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

It an issue with a terrain doodad conflicting with regular terrain. If I had to guess it was one of the changes to make Apollo look "Less infested." Either a doodad is improperly hidden, or some other type of terrain conflict occurring via triggers.
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Crashed Hercules in lag forest is my guess. I don't see the visual, but the collision box is still there so I can't walk through it.

However, I have noticed that Emp tends to "stroke out" near Fort.