GOTB Cheese Disscusion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ryan III, May 27, 2012.

1. Rataraxia

Rataraxia New Member

Who said that you should kite him or use bugs to kill him? We know 2 tactics on EU to beat him, both rocks good on nm. With cliff walk you just made dangerous one a bit more dangerous, while was easy doable on open space.
    Since i am in good mood(and playing d3)... i am sharing them:
    1. 3 tech sparky nade(20 cd, 7 duration, means you even have 1 free second). It was dangerous before, now its very dangerous cause of random charge+cliff walk.
    2. FO Napalm. Just try it. After you see it once in action, you will understand that Air tree exactly underpowered :D Boss gets near 0.18 movespeed as i remember after stacking napalm. Well but it is still good to have sparky nade or force push to help a bit. You just need now some vision like tech's drones or recon reaper(road flares imo has small duration for this purpose) for 1 side and you can easly spam napalm at other side for safety.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Call me cynical, but those "tactics" sound like exploits in their own right.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

no, because it's using the talents in the way they were intended, and it's pretty hard to get the three techs or the FO to wave 40 in the first place.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, probably less so for Techs as Weapon Techs would have a lot of utility and use in Survival anyway. But yeah, carrying an artillery FO so you have enough napalm to use on him is a burden.

Survival just has too many weird team compositions that I never see outside of Survival. It's hard to balance because, well, outside of old school Silver Star I'd never see a team who'd dare think of running 8 of a class. But you often see things like full PF/Engineer teams. Or even just weirdly unbalanced stuff. Not really sure why that happens. But it does.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

It's because we don't regulate survival and don't cap classes. There's not a single person here who wouldn't enjoy a cap that prevented 5 medic pubvets.
  6. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Tri-Pathfinder because the pathfinder's style is to stay moble and kill along the way, tri- engy because engy's X-1 bot helps in kiting everything.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

I wouldn't be opposed to a limit of 2 of a class in surv.
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

A limit of 2 per class slot wouldn't hurt anywhere. Do you really need 3 recons? What about 4 marksmen or 5 rifleman? I guarantee that's all stuff you've seen, and not just in pubs.
  9. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Got my first survival win (broke 20k xp during the game!)...

...to a GoTB cheese.

I was wondering how we were gona win, we had 4 people dead with 0 slows except for the chem putting venom on GoTB, and the only stun we had was me using "Look". We had a shiva, but locating GoTB and staying far enough away looked like it would be rough.

Instead we camped at the reactor and the GoTB couldn't touch us. Well... it touched the recon, but the recon dodged it.

trolololol

Kinda took some of the satisfaction out of the win.

:/
  10. Ramses II
    • Donator

Hm, so he still can't get to you up there?
  11. Ryan III

probably because of the buildings near the reactor core, they must be preventing the cliffjump, wither that or the pathing is too big
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Perhaps instead of cliff-walk he should just have a pathing size the same as a marine.
  13. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

Tbh cliff walking didnt do much ofc our normal tact from ec hill is more danger now but we still pretty much did our normal strat from a diffrent camping position and works just fine.
  14. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

the cliff walk was never the problem its that certain spot on the map.. i dare you to try it closely even smaller cliff walking units like the devourer can climp up that cliff but will turn back at that corner. That corner is the problem here not the cliffwalking. otherwise he would just go up the ramp and slaughter you all there in the first place. Take back the cliff walk and just work on that corner of the map, nothing else is wrong with the big guy.
    [hr]
    i mean seriously test that corner tho... many many units will never turn that corner not just the one big scary boss
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Post a screenshot of that corner, please. I'll make a batshit insane example out of it like I do everything else.
  16. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I just realized how absolutely stupid I worded my last post.

Please post a screenshot featuring GOTB being a retard as a consequence of that corner.

Thanks.
  17. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

will take some time.. but ill post a memorable one
  18. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Nevermind, I got squirrelly and just checked it out myself. I'm gonna see what other holes he can't squeeze his fat ass into and figure out if they're cheesy or tactic...y.
  19. Ryan III

off topic but how was he named? did i miss an update?
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops