GOTB Cheese Disscusion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ryan III, May 27, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

How many of you think that GotB should be buffed to prevent cheese or revisions in terrain, if you should cheese it etc.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Add a poll.
  3. Ryan III

hmph i forgot to log off and my brother designed the poll >.> and i forgot how to edit polls.
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Well, not quite the terms I would use, but I guess it works...
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

You guys are ridiculous.
    [attachment=1121]
  6. Ryan III

7. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

good job, show the mods who boss
  8. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

You are missing a button. The cliff-climb/terrain/pathing-radius option is what i want to vote for. Also, I wouldn't mind if slows only had half the normal effect on him, a team with even a small amount of slows can basically kite him all day.
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

That's the point. You're supposed to beat him by slowing him enough that you can out-kite him. That is the intended mechanic.
  10. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I know, but i mean it isn't even hard, in my opinion, gotb should be the hardest boss there is, but a single chem expert can make him move so slow any class can outrun him without sprinting or dropping armor.
  11. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Have you fought him on nightmare outside of any sort of cheesey terrain protection?

He gets +35% move speed and charge.

Its not fun.
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

So use more than just the chem expert. Almost every single class tree has a way to help out with slowing. Precision shot, Improved Focus Fire, Sonic Traps, Repulse, Nanostrength, Nanoshock, Nanosear, Blood Frenzy, Charge, Stun, I'm bored of listing stuff. But you get the point.
  13. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I recall someone got chopped up in mid-air from this one.

But anyways, yeah, there are many slows and stuns that can be used to make him manageable.
  14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Ok then, I take back what I said, u guys are right. I'll try it a couple times on nm (if I can live that long). Thanks for the perspective.
  15. Ramses II
    • Donator

You have to angle it correctly so that you don't actually get in range of him. Charge's AoE is greater than the GOTB attack range. What I find is best is you get to max range with hmg or another rapid fire weapon, pop a blood frenzy with accompanying concentrated fire, and just hold there until he gets close to you (but not too close :p), then charge away so he gets stun + knockback and you get away safely.
  16. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Wow you guys are insane for giving him cliff walk. Now he can just cut across the map and kill you faster. Here is already faster than you and now you have made his route between him and you much shorter because any cliffs in his way he can just run over.

You guys really need to think before you make decisions.
  17. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The issue with most of what you listed requires you to either A) See him or B) Stop to use it or C) Get so damm close that in NM he will kill you (Charging)

The only surefire slows I know of that will bring GotB down is spamming tech exhaust, chem contaminate and nanosear. Everything else requires sight or too close range.

Though I haven't tried survival with shocker FO, that might be interesting
  18. HamCient

HamCient New Member

Make GOTB fly so that he can stab anyone regardless of cheese spot or pizza spot. The most logical answer.... lol. Oh and ensure to slow down fly speed so he doesn't discourage kiting. For nm survival he would fly charge only at a very close range otherwise for a flier to charge can be unfair.

Gotb can fly ... that is the surest way to put an end to all forms of survival cheese.
  19. Ryan III

But like Jercy said, you are decresing the amount of space between you and him. It will make him much harder to kite, even if it does stop all cheese spots, it will be immpossible for some whom lack the skill to kite something that flies, and is way faster then them. If we make his unit size be reduced to that of a marine, that would stop all cheese and still make him kite-able.
  20. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Giving GOTB cliffwalk is using a sledgehammer to drive in a nail. Now, when kiting GOTB, he can always take the shortest route possible in order to catch up to you, cutting across/through formerly impassable terrain. Since his movespeed is already very high, GOTB difficulty just went way up. You can no longer safely stay far ahead of him because he will no longer follow a predictable route. Kiting clockwise around airlock? Too bad, he'll just walk right over those walls and gank you from the side. Forced to go up a small hill like the one in lag forest? Well, that just set you back a bunch as you're forced to sprint down ramps while he keeps coming right across the hill.

Given that the poll results were split evenly between something minor like reducing the pathing radius of the model and a major change like giving GOTB cliffwalk, it's bizarre that the most drastic fix was chosen as the solution without consideration of the consequences. Fix the terrain/model bugs allowing cheese instead of granting an already strong and fast boss an additional advantage.