Goodbye NOTD

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lord NiteShade, May 28, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Get on SC2 sometime this millenium so I can say goodbye in person and not in front of a massive peanut gallery.
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I could've swore I saw this thread disappear earlier and now it seems to be back.
  3. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

All I have to say is welome to the Real world of business and politics.
  4. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Goodbye Nite. Your tireless efforts to better NOTD will forever be missed. Its a good thing this isn't a goodbye for you and me though because I know I'll still see you around. Sadly you and I will probably never team up as a medic and an arms assault in public game like we did when we both had less than 2k experience.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

You were removed as a Moderator primarily for the unnecesarily combative and negative attitude as a mod and consistent feedback from other community members. We've already spoken about this before and others have given you a heads up.

Games come and go - what's important is people enjoy what they're doing. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. I cant invest the time Diode, Peera amd yourself put into your coming NOTD NMF. Youre mainly students - I work full time and have to spend time with family. There's no need to wish people ill will and create any unncessary hostility.

What goes around comes around. Good luck in your new ventures.
  6. Khorne25

Khorne25 Member

NMF... You saw it coming.

You knew this was going to happen quite a while ago.
  7. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Its regrettable things turned out like this.

Thank you nite for all you've done.

I will always remember your manly tears that were shed.

X
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

It was hardly a well-kept secret. I could name just about everyone who even knows about it.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Goodbye friend. I wish I had the time and devotion to NOTD that you did. You will surely be missed as the harbinger, archiver, and our librarian. For the chapter, for unity.

Call me or text me or XBL or Skype or Steam or D3 or SC2 or w/e else we contact eachother on.
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I've been so caught up with diablo 3 recently that I haven't been checking the forums as much as I use to which was daily. Now that I did end up checking the forums, I end up reading this terrible and unfortunate news.

Anyway, its such a huge loss for the community now that Niteshade is gone. He is one of the oldest players from NOTD that I know and highly respect. He was actually one of the few community members where if you asked for information or an opinion on a certain matter he would actually respond to it and give his full advice and opinion. Lets face it, hes pretty much a walking archive of NOTD and we all hate to see him ago.

Never the less, I too feel that NOTD has been on a steady decline and I don't want to particularly blame anyone or anything for this. However, one thing I've come to known is that successful products are successful because the creative geniuses behind those product value the input from their consumers & critics and actually listen to them. As such, this ability to listen is what gives them the edge and thought process to better improve their product to allow them to compete and thrive.
  11. AyyaChambers

AyyaChambers New Member

Was wondering why NoTD's player base died down a lot in NA servers. I only see 7k+ exp players nowdays. Not a lot of new players play the game anymore.

The game seems to be on a decline. Not as fun as it used to be for some odd reason.
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Eh. The day Diablo 3 came out... or rather when the servers started working, NOTD suffered a massive decline in the community. And it hasn't quite recovered yet. I figure it'll be something like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, was and that given a few more weeks most people will trickle back to NOTD.
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Pretty much what ArcV said, many many many players left NotD (more like Starcraft in general, every Custom map had the same drop off) to go play Diablo 3. As for the game feeling less fun... there is less people to lead I guess, many vets have left NotD for many reasons, real life commitments, school, other games, (and in this case and a few others) anger over the game. Others have probably left because they mastered everything at the time and it got old for them. There is some dynamics in the team setups and people do experiment, but in the end, this is an RPG, with fixed content. Nearly all RPG's have the problem of re playability, and unless you keep adding content, the game inevitably gets old for people (You've played every class, gotten every medal, done every story, all difficulties, etc.)

I'd say give it a month or 2, people will come back. Plus development is still ongoing, they still cleaning things up, tightening up the design, and there still exists a few places to add content still, to flesh out the game.
  14. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

There is a very small portion of players who are simply too lazy to "get set up" to log in and play sc2.

Far too lazy...

I'll log on...

Eventually...
  15. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

some one close this thread and make: Why is NoTD old?
  16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ive been seeing a LOT of new players latley, a LOT of 0-1000 xp players, but the real problem is only a few of them KEEP aying. Idk if its too difficult for a brand new player, too time consuming per game, or too much micro, but i dont see many stay for too long. Hopefully with the new boot camp mode and maybe sone other features, also maybe slightly nerfing recruit ( idk specifics, under 1600 rating?) Mode mode we will be able to retain more players. The game is great, but the new ppl dont usually play till end game if they survive.
    [hr]
    Meaning IF they manage to stay alive to domes, i much too often see them quit around then, the domes.
  17. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Can't force people to play a game they don't like. Ability cannot simply cater to everyone. Some like what others hate.

At least I might log in and play on Wednesday...

Maybe...
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well, any way we can help notd become more lucrative for the devs ? If so perhaps they could offer nightshade a paid position to continue make this game thrive? No reason it should die out.