Goodbye NOTD

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lord NiteShade, May 28, 2012.

1. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Well, its been fun. But I'm out. Therm, you can handle the Wiki, bug me if you need anything. For anyone else, I'm on steam, NiteShadeX. Now, for the matter at hand.

I've been here a long, long time. And I've watched as this mod slowly crumbles into the dust. The ineptitude of the developers and the clear lack of skill with which the map has been made and maintained astounds me. Ability is a coward, a lying coward, nothing more. NOTD has been made in the most backwards way, almost opposite every unwritten rule of map making. I could go on for lengths of time about the numerous work arounds and quick fixes in the editor, but fuck that. This sums it up enough.

Show Spoiler

So instead of accepting our offer to help, you ignore us after you decide you dont like our offer, delete my posts, and strip my title. Very profession. For the record Azazel, whatever purpose my moderation originally served was a load of crap and you know it. Also, for the record, Ace was always better at upkeeping AM.

Now, what else do I have to say. Oh yes, take a picture, it'll last longer. Ability likes to delete anything that makes him look bad, there's an entire subforum you all dont know about where he hides particularly negative posts so they dont show up as deleted in the mod logs. Anyways, I hope this map rots, because it will. You follow an ignorant and arrogant developer, too incompetent to realize when he's dug a hole too deep, and it has become his grave. NOTD will only continue to get worse and decay, and the coming of HOTS means nothing if your developer is incapable of putting features to good use. I'll be back eventually. Until then, remember this is no fault of the community, or the forum members, merely the end of something that has been a long time coming.

One last final thing. Remember Azazel, I dont hate you, I hate what you've done with the map, andf how you've handled it. Good luck to your father, best wishes to your family, and my condolences to you. But as far as NOTD goes, you're a spineless piece of shit.
  2. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

That's one way to put "goodbye", I suppose.
  4. Emperor

Emperor New Member

5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Back to Xeno Crisis it is.

It has been nice knowing you, NiteShade, even though I have never played a game with you. Farewell, and good luck on your travels.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Wrong.

That's my creation and is designed to serve a completely different purpose.
  7. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

Custom map NOTD- 2ish years

NOTD map that made as it was intended- 65%

Bugs discover on NOTD since conception- 200+ and counting due to countless revisions.

Losing the creator of the WIKI of NOTD, Most active Moderator, Public figure, and one of your most dependable volunteer in all other topics related to NOTD- Priceless.

If Nite was a Lannister he will pay his debt in full.
  8. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

Goodbye NiteShade,

maybe someday a person will make a good NoTD version.
    which isn't totally broken with bugs ?

May we see you again :/

EDIT for gram fail D: : tip for ability, try to make your own game Because that's the only way to fix it :D
  9. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

The Shade of Night!! You will be surely missed...
    Many a night you have randomly shared with me your rage and frustration on SC2 chat,
    all of which has left me with the Conspiracy Keanu face.

It's been a long time since we were noobs and a long time since we have been active
    playing NOTD. I know that you've tried your best to help out along with the many
    of our outstanding community, but this is it i guess.

So long brother. ='(
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Care to elaborate on this one? I'm going to blame the language barrier on half of your post's perceived message and pretend you aren't just jumping on a bandwagon.

Please take the time to carefully explain what it is you're trying to say.
  11. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Judging by the thread, he's obviously a Baratheon. Even better of his name was Rob.
  12. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

ITs robert. so he is a Baratheon.
  13. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Goodbye Nite, I will do my best to look after the wiki.
  14. squish

squish Well-Known Member

:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

tl;dr -> Crying.
  16. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Uh...

Sorry to see you go, didn't realize any of this was happening :/
  17. Megamoo
    • Donator

Megamoo Member

18. Lightning