Good news everyone!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The history/cache on my desktop at home is capped at 50GB so I should be able to recover many of the threads I visited. I will PM the OP with the post if possible, otherwise I'll report myself if worthy. I'll hop on this tonight when I get off work. <3

This should include community watch, a couple of the class guide threads, and some other goodies. Ability does your admin cp have an option to import archive data like SMF does? If so I can help you restore a large chunk of the forum.
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Nice. Let's just post the most relevant things. Stickied topics and threads that belong here.

Definitely grab the NOTD Development News for Ability. That timeline of development events is essential for users to see what has been worked on and what is in the works for the dev team.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You need to show me how to do that!

Mine is capped at 100 meg but when I click on "Offline mode" and then look at the history, all the forum pages are greyed out (not available)

IIRC you can only access pages you manually saved and any pictures you viewed.
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

You think that this is good news? Read what ability posted in the announcements!
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Oh nice - but I'll back up my new buglist just in case that gets lost in the rollback :D
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

In case Ability cannot restore everything, please make a list here of threads we need to prioritize recovery of.
  7. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

You can also visit cached versions of pages right through google - if you have something specific you're looking for you can search for it and click the cached link.
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Alright, I'm home and starting the recovery process. If any of the OP's from the threads I'm recovering wish to be the OP again, just have them copy/paste my thread into a new one of their creation and have a moderator delete mine.

kthxbai[hr]
    Alright, I posted all of the guides that I had in my cache. As I said, if any authors want control of the guide, just have them copy pasta and delete my thread. :)

Next up is some of the stuff in announcements that might be relevant.[hr]
    That's all I've got in announcements. I'll move onto NOTD Discussion after I brew some coffee.
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks so much for the help. Earendil is trying to restore the old database by piecing together individual elements. We're most likely going to try to rebuild what we can if possible into www.notdstarcraft.com/forumarchive. 20% chance of that working due to a lot of missing tables from our database.
  11. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I made a necromancy request thread for now. It'd be too rough to sort through my entire history for NOTD Discussion.

General Discussion can be lumped in with the NOTD Discussion requests. I see no need to recover those threads unless otherwise specified.

I'm recovering the "Ideas for Talent / Item Quotes" thread right now. Once I'm done I'm gonna go PLAY NOTD for a bit to take my mind off of NOTD. xD[hr]
    By the way, I'm still a regular member. Also I'm a regular member posting and viewing in BO forum. Also guests can read this.
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

what does it take to be a BO anyway? Can someone tell me so I can work on being better at contributing to the community?
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Well, I fixed Mudkipzz' assault guide, made about 225 posts, designed a concept class that, if there had been space for a 15th class, or Chem Experts or Pathfinder hadn't existed would have taken one of their places, and only got in today b/c of the whole, new forum thing.

I do think it's probably more based on quality suggestions about the game, helping to deal with conflicts, and seeming to have a very good idea of where the game stands in terms of too easy/too hard, how to fix this, and unbiased-ness.
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I think I am somehow erroneously placed into here, as I typically wouldn't expect access / entry into any specific User Group except for the default one without a notification / request. Until I get confirmation that I am supposed to be the in the Black Ops user group, I will attribute it to the new Forum, esp. since I wasn't in this User Group prior to the new forum. (Ooh, how I shall miss having my name in white text because it looks pretty with contrast to the dark background.)

At any rate, you (Blaqk, Ghost + YetiSwarm + Various Others who I cannot remember but nevertheless helped the recovery) do have my thanks for Restoring (even if its not a large amount) of the forum.

I think I'll play a few more Pubs when I can.
    [hr]
    EDIT: Ooh boy, I think at this rate, it should be placed into general discussion.