Getting rid of lag

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by trrrr, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

hahahahahahahahahaha what the fuck
  2. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

This is absolutely accurate.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Time to assault Blizz with our demands.

DAT DATA TRACKER, KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE
  4. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

+infinity
  5. CooL

CooL Member

Back to page 1 post #1 :p
  6. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

http://www.aeonofstorms.com/index.php?/t...a-dropper/

Quote:
    Blizzard's recent patch 1.5.2 drastically increased the amount of data that their data trackers have been collecting. Some games send more information than others, and therefore cause the performance problems that make the game unplayable. Our game suffers greatly from this data tracking. As a response, inhouse testers have found a way to circumvent the tracker - by crashing it. If you leave the game during the load screen, you will crash the tracker and allow the other players to enjoy an amazing performance boost.

Yeah,sure.. team 1 has to leave so team 2 can autowin,then where is the point of playing at all ? Btw,nice way for statpadding: Put yourself into team 2 then open to pub. I knew they are retarded but this is so funny :p
  7. CooL

CooL Member

I think they meant to add new script that manipulate bnet server trackers.
    Such as add +1 dummy player which will autokicked/auto-dced as the game starting to load.
    Well.. I have something in my mind that mightbe a way to trick bnet server, IF the cause of laggin in NA is ONLY their trackers.
    I'll try it when have a chance to login to NA server. My international bandwith a bit cripled these days.. :( Too many trackers! :D
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Would someone who has ready access to SC2 and our beloved 1.05 confirm that Blizzard's ass tracker is an independent process? If it is an independent process, try terminating it while in-game and see if SC2 shits bricks or not. If all of this works out nicely it would be a simple matter to just kill the tracker while your game is loading, that way no one would have to take one for the team.

I'll focus on this nizbiz for a while (while helping fix some of the more trivial bugs that 1.05 has created) and see if we can't circumvent this bullshit.
  9. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

By 1.05 I assume you mean bnet 1.5.2.

Also, the solution is elegant in its simplicity:
    Move everyone to team 2
    Add 1 player in team 1
    make team have no vision or anything just a black screen and no units. Bonus for a fail screen that says "you were supposed to press alt-f4. Now everyone has to remake."
    Replace the loading screen with text like:

2010: Starcraft 2 comes out. Millions of Koreans everywhere celebrate in their internet cafes.
    Construction begins on NOTD, the greatest game ever for SC2.

2011: Constant updates plague NOTD with bugs both from the Map and Blizzard alike.

April 2012: NOTD reaches a relatively stable build with few bugs and balanced gameplay.

August 2012: After nearly four months of lag free gameplay, Blizzard released a patch which causes immense lag and infinte ammo

IF YOU ARE IN TEAM 1 YOU CAN'T PLAY. PRESS ALT-F4 NOW.

Also, if killing the process were simple, we'd do it. It's like warden and built into sc2.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

They were/are going to add an separate, new team, that only has 1 player, who is chosen to be the person who drops during loading to ensure the game runs smoothly.

The first Team would have just been one player, with the other two teams being the normal teams they had.
  11. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

That is neither elegant, simple, nor even solution. It's a convoluted bandage on the gaping, septic wound that this has created. You cannot expect someone to join a game only to be given the boot to be your final solution. That's neither good business nor anything other than a desperate, dickish move.
  12. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Then put in a nice description. It's impossible to fix without streamlining the map, which probably warrants a rewrite. The only thing we can do is put on a bandage and wait for blizzard to release a patch (which I still think will come tomorrow, but in case it doesn't, it will probably take a few more weeks).

The final solution is blizzard fixing the problem.
  13. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Just get an intern to drop pubs all day
  14. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

no alpha, apollo, survival
  15. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Not for now, but at least it would enable notd to keep recruiting ppl
    [hr]
    Also, it was a joke
  16. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

Another way to use this solution and fix it in the short term is to maybe have the map allow observers and then have them drop during the loading screen.
    This should allow all storylines to be playable i would imagine

Although this may cause other problems since the map was implemented poorly (loljkilovethemap), using observers as players or something (which breaks ally ai).
    But if ally minis are the only problem well we can live without alpha for now and play apollo / ec nm
  17. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

sigh notd is such a shit state i feel bad for the new comers..Cause even if they make 1k xp or 3.5k xp or 5k even. All they would be able to play is ec.
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

This is now moot, I believe Blizzard server maintenance solved this. Games are lag free now
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Since this is the story that I've heard from multiple sources, I'm gonna assume it's accurate.
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Let me know if the lag issues are still recurring. Uploading next patch this Sunday evening too. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.