Game mode confusion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by DJudic, Apr 4, 2012.

1. DJudic

DJudic New Member

Hello

This morning, because there are so few people this early, we decided to start the pub game (easy company) with 5 people only. Although, it was saying normal mode there was no vision of discovered area, mobs were with higher HP, there were Huggers, Hulks, Argons, etc. very early on and on the first try we got wiped out already on start port, on second we managed to reach Military base and again got wiped on the floor. What's up with that? Btw, I have just passed 1k xp and we were all above 1k xp, only one guy was a bit over 700 and we did not type anything for nightmare or something like that. I did not download a new version of map so how come the difficulty was so much higher?
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Because that was in fact "Normal" mode. That is the intended difficulty for the game the designer created.

When you have a player underneath 500 XP you are in "Recruit" mode. Or "Newbie" if you will. Where mobs are smaller, some enemy types don't appear, some missions don't trigger, etc.

The confusion comes from a few people who say "Normal" when they mean "Recruit" mode.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Here is the wiki page on Game Difficulties. Most of what you've been playing in pubs is Recruit Mode, while what you are describing is probably Normal Mode or Hardened Mode.

Maybe you should try looking for answers on the wiki or asking people in the chat channel when you have questions. :p
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Vet mode requires different tactics from recruit mode to win. Going directly to mb after minig site is usually a sure fire way to lose unless you got incredibly lucky with items. And huggers don't come during mb waves.
  5. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

actually, it's a miracle you survive at all if you don't go down to crystal.. most games end right there unless you're incredibly lucky or something.
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That's another source of confusion. People saying "Vet" when they mean "Normal".

"Veteran" itself is another mode that is if everyone is over 500 XP and the Squad Rating is very high.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Veteran Mode
  8. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

They finally made the namings official! THANK THE MAKER!!!

Will take some time for some "vets" who never called normal as "normal mode" to get used to using these names for sure

1. Easy Mode (-em)
    2. Recruit Mode (someone is below 500exp)

3.A. Normal Mode (all players at least at 500 exp)
    3.B. Hardened Mode (all players at 500+ Exp & SR > 1650)
    3.C. Veteran Mode (1800 sr Normal Mode)

4. Nightmare Mode (and its various SR modifiers)
  9. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

U sure that em is easier? Because the spawns doesn't stop at em and recruit only when mission start.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Would it kill you to use grammar? Yes, easy mode is an entire multiplicative easier. I can't understand what you mean by that second sentence so I can't even clarify what you're asking.
  11. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

no offense but nor can i
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

sorry i was using my new phone, it's hard to tick some grammar.
    Easy mode is easier, but the spawns keep coming after queen is running and broken arrow.(2000 health)
  13. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

That has to do with how little health that Eos has compared to Recruit or higher modes. In Easy Mode (and often in Recruit) she dies long before her ambient spawns are killed off.