FUREH FRUM DA SKIES: Kith's Forward Observer rework

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Emperor

Emperor New Member

There needs to be an option to remain completely stationary when using the Gunship. I don't see why this isn't in the game yet.
  2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

use the -gbuddy command on yourself to stay put
  3. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Didn't know you could do that. I'ma try it if I ever actually get Gunship... And there are decent people around.
  4. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Although, that does remind me, a move command would be nice on the minis so they could follow while I follow someone else
  5. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Minis need a hold fire button. Whenever i play fo i outlevel everyone and even if i wanted i could not help it since the majority of my dps are the 3 auto attacking minis.
  6. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

+1

That's definitely something that needs to be implemented. In the meantime, switching your MI to firebat's can help (depending on the situation) since they have a shorter attack range.
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. another +1
  8. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Don't they share enough XP for it not to matter?

I played a three man with an FO and a Jumper while I was a humble Smiter and I had no trouble leveling.
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Depends emperor. If only 3 of u of course you will get plenty of xp. Since it is shared, you are sharing xp from 4troops (fo+minis), and pf, and any others, lvling shouldnt be a problem bcuz of the rate enemies should be dying.
  10. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

FO minis (Dont know about regular minis) can get OW through their shields.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Any violent objections to MIs having a Hold Fire button?
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Happy for them to have it.
    Though maybe not for them to get the hold fire speed bonus, idk.
  13. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Dont think it realy matters if they get speed or not, they are fast enough already. But why not give FO another tool he can use to micro if he has the apm?
  14. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

In that case the hold fire on the minis should work like they do on reaper drone and x1 - requires manual "resume fire" in order to attack again instead of simple attack move.
  15. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

16. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I believe that if minis can get ailments, they should also be able to heal while standing on a SS
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Agree with SS affecting MIs in theory. From balance perspective, will need to bring mini regens rate closer to Marine Heroes - their current HP regen is artificially high. Any violent objections?
  18. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Yeah. They are mini's. Most are NOT one of a kind, therefor, not EXTREMELY valuable... like the hero marine, and as such should not require too much care to keep alive. I believe that the higher HP regen would be another point driving home that would say: "Hey, these are mini's, therefor, they shouldn't have to be juggled like the FO"
  19. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Well, I can carry my own medkits to heal myself, but if my minis get hurt bandaids won't cut it. I would prefer that the "ailments through shields" effect gets fixed before we start making our poor mini fb's have to deal with stacks of venom and ows they get from every unit. I know they aren't meant to be tanks, but I would like to not have to order my professional soldiers to run from everything that goes bump in the dark.
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

HipHopDragon noted that ailments are conferred on hits which do not break shields for MI