Full game crashes very common in pub games

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Zeus EU, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Zeus EU

Zeus EU New Member

Perhaps due to the influx of new players with no pre-loading of the game, at all, pub games crash more than half of the time before the start. This is VERY frustrating. Is there anyway to boot just the lagging players rather than cancelling the entire load? If not please consider attempting it.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Nope. That's a Blizzard thing.
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Actually its not. Its usually people's pc/connection causing such things. The only thing that blizzard did to make it more unpleasant is adding streaming data in 1.5 which frankly is useless n makes loading longer.
  4. WOODLEAGUE

WOODLEAGUE New Member

The first problem is the amount of loading necessary for new players, not a 'Blizzard' thing, its a NOTD thing!

Of course, that's to be expected but could you not alter YOUR OWN PROGRAMME to kick the 0 exp laggers rather than ending the game?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

NOTD is not its own program. It's a mod. That would involve changing the very code of SCII, which we're not allowed to do.
  6. WOODLEAGUE

WOODLEAGUE New Member

OK, its not clear to me where bnet ends and NOTD begins then (I thought you could influence the game's loading).
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

If someone disconnects from the lobby before the game starts to load. 9 times out of 10 that game will desynchronise during the loading screen! :( Same thing occurs for most arcade games, so yeah, I blame Blizzard and their latest patches.
  8. Scorpione

Roflcopterchopperflyingpoopper.

I blame ppl for not having a decent comp/connection required to play online.
  9. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

"Streaming data" doesn't mean the game is downloading the map. Trust me, you aren't downloading 300MB every time you play NOTD. Just watch your network traffic. What it means is it's loading the game into your RAM, or something. So, a wooden PC will cause problems here.
  10. Scorpione

Steaming data was to be implement for current features + remove map dl and have the map stream2 computers etc. (wouldve meant no bank files hacks etc)
    What it does it sends blizz information of your performance conn etc
    Do they actually do anything with it? nope. Is ther more to it? yes but i cant be asked to explain useless information.
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Except the map is cached on your computer and there is no way 3MB internet will stream 200+ MB's in under 3 seconds.
  12. Scorpione

The size depends on stuff. Eg I have to stream 1gb everytime, which is why it takes a minute to load when I'm in the game for any map. Before 1.5 everything was fine :p. Not much 2 do about it anyway. We all signed up for their tos so they can do as they please.