Froblock bitching about Predator Skins

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Froblock, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Buys predator skin for 5,000 credits.
    All it does is same shit as regular predator. Same attack animation as well.
    Although I do notice that SOME attack animations have changed for SOME predators (maybe at most 3 out of 15).

Now besides the 3 that have unique attack animations, you will notice that besides having the same lame attack animation, your new predator skins lack something cool the original predator has, making your 5,000 credit purchase of new Predator Skin even more lame.
    The predator changes color and size around level 8,9,10
    I forget which one. While your predator still stays lame and shit with predator attack animation.
    BTW i have a hybrid protoss and its fucking lame and possess all of the negative qualities mentioned above.

Another thing about predators now is that when they acquire "Pirhana Missiles" they lose their AOE melee attack.
    I mean the Missiles alone is an upgrade because it has range,
    but is this ntentional?
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yeah, it's intentional. We've come up with a fix - move the "shock field" to an ability which basically makes it a 360 degree knife for the Pred with the same cooldown as if it was an attack.

Pet models need to be re-examined and more unique traits applied to them, yes, but right now, we have much more pressing concerns.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The animation issues are the product of nothing more than corner cutting. Same applies to any sound related issues.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I want my hydra slashing. =(
  5. Froblock

I want my hybrid toss actually shooting shit out of his hands
    instead of shooting placebos
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Atm every pet is just using the same "Shockfield" Titanium Claw weapon. All they need to do is use that models normal weapon, with adjustments to be equivalent to the predator weapon. Its more or less a lot of copy paste, then changing some of the actor info for the weapon.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Poor Fro is shooting blanks. His wife must be devastated.
  8. Froblock

Did I forget to mention that the new predator skins don't change color or grow in size
    when they are level 8,9,10 (forget which one)
    but the original predator does?
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Your pet doesn't change color. Hybrid don't rock team colors, so they can't be colorized. My hydra changes his inner carapace color at the appropriate times, including to toddler vomit yellow.
  10. Froblock

Nah Blaqk, we talkin bout at level 8 the predator turns red, then at level 10 the predator turns black.

Color mods don't affect predators at all
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Seriously though, the knife-esque shock field needs to happen at some point. Pets go from mildly useful to kind of bad in one fell swoop with the upgrade to Piranha missiles. Also, unless I missed something, the missiles lack a Backstab bonus.
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Level 8 is yellow now Fro, not red. Black doesn't happen until level 12.
  13. Froblock

Yellow!!! ASians.. we in this !
  14. TsukinoUsagi

TsukinoUsagi Well-Known Member

One of them is Zeratul (I saw Jercy's pred yesterday). It does slash move during attack. *ENVY*
  15. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

It seems I made the right choice with my pet skin then. :)
  16. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Diablo (Lord of Terror) and Lurker pets need to be replaced because they don't have attack animations and/or voices. Any suggestions for their replacements?
  17. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Zergling? Pygalisk (They're mini-ultralisks, I'm not sure if they actually exist or whether I play too much Aiur Chef)?
  18. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

They probably exist in some form as they are also used in a few other maps like Desert Strike.

Didn't we use to have a mini-Odin pet?
  19. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

<channel spirit="Kithrixx">
    Hydralisk still doesn't have an attack animationasdjfhaksjdhf!!!!
    </channel>
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Odin and Stone Zealot. Alternately for the Stone Zealot, the Void Seeker. I'm aware it doesn't have an attack animation, but the shock field wouldn't look out of place on it and neither would the missiles.