fox's Bank File Backup/Restoration Guide

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Feb 5, 2012.

1. leit

leit New Member

I got a pretty old save file from the end of 2010. Its name is notdv002.SC2Bank

Can I somehow make it work with notd now? I just reinstalled sc2 and I'd rather not level up from 0 again.
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

You'd probably have to ask ability about that, cause last I looked at the maps bank code it can only handle v3 and v5 unless I missed something.
  3. fox

fox New Member

It doesn't hurt to give it a try.

For time being, back up your bank file first then try creating a notd game. Once the game is loaded, select a story and class. Check if your xp and stats are loaded properly. If it's loaded properly then hit -s and quit the game.

After that go back to your bank folder and remove your v2 save so only v5 remains. It should function normally from there.

If your v2 bank doesn't load properly then you will probably have to start from scratch...
  4. leit

leit New Member

It doesnt work if I just replace the notdbank5.SC2Bank with notdv002.SC2Bank. I also tried copying a field inside the file from latter to the former. Didn't work either. The files look different inside, and I guess it wont be possible. Maybe a dev has a way to do it but it is probably too much work for them too.
  5. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Hi leit, could you try renaming the notdv002.SC2Bank to NOTDBackup.SC2Bank? It could work.
  6. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

You're gonna probably have to restart from the beginning.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Wait, weren't the NOTD2 banks killed in the 2nd exp wipe?

Last time mine was updated was October 2010, which is right around that time.
  8. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

I had v001 and v002 in my banks...
    People didn't believe me when i told them this.
    I recently deleted them out along with v003 when the new bank system was implemented with the v005 banks :angel:
  9. leit

leit New Member

Save files were intentionally wiped? That sounds malicious :(
    The main reason I like this game so much is the stuff that carries on between games.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Thats because some insane exploit comes up. Iirc it was a bug where all the matches earned exp was funneled into player one, and only player one, allowing him to earn upwards of 300 exp a game.
  11. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Good times. XD
  12. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

Admins I need help!

I reinstall windows now everything is 0 on notd, this is really bad for i lost 10k+ xp now. Can you do somthing?
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

RE: Admins I need help!

Generally all we can say is, "Damn... that sucks..." then point you towards Fox's Bank Back Up topic, stickied in this forum, and go "Well, now you know for next time."
  14. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

RE: Admins I need help!

Hi QxAgent, Did you copy everything from your computer before you reinstalled Windows? Your bank files could be in there somewhere and all you need to do is copy them back to the right folder.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Alright I'll be nice. You might not be boned.

Click Start > Computer > C:\ (or whatever your root is)

Look for a folder titled Windows.old.

Inside of Windows.old should be the contents of C:/Users/ from your previous installation if you did not format the hard drive prior to reinstallation. You can then follow fox's guide here to recover your bank. If you have any questions, you can continue posting them here.
  16. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

No I had virus and pc was stuck so I used cd/restart it format all and install windows 7.

@arcturuvs ;( to bad I really liked this map not going to lvl from 0 again, gg to all was fun maybe I go diablo 3.
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

It doesn't take long to accumulate 10k xp. I can also tell you it doesn't take much skill judging by some of the 10 and 20k xp players we have now.

Give it another try, and try to get into some Apollo Sec Team runs. Those can easily yield 200+ xp per run.
  18. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

I found a older file I had on my laptop not very helpfull thou still missing over half my xp/cp/creds ;(, it demotivating me.
  19. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The most fun class in the game for me has consistently been assault. Don't worry about xp, the higher level classes aren't as cool as assault. Don't worry about cp, it takes 10 games to rebuild. Don't worry about credits, they really don't matter at all in the vast majority of games. (personal opinion, not looking to start an argument)

Find some part of NOTD that you already have unlocked or close to unlocked with your old bank account and have fun with that while you build yourself back up to your former glory.
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I have CP in three classes. I still have 71 cp in the class you unlock at 100xp. I have 19 cp in the class you unlock at 500 xp. I have 11 cp in Commando/Psi Ops. I often have the most fun as Recon trying to get my damn Reaper to level 10, or as Marksman trying to Oh Sock one of every item in the game. Yes, I've made an art out of nuking Menoetes, but that's nothing compared to the satisfaction of OSOKing the fuck out of a parasite.