Forum Bugs

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by Ghost, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Tell me your secrets oh magic V.
    [attachment=156]
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

That's what Blaqk and I were talking about on the previous page
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

It turns out the image for it is just plain gone. I'll make a new one and have Ability upload it.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

They were awarded at physically the same time. Me thinks server or data error.
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Nope, but I did see that thanking a post that someone else thanked erased the previous thanks.

Post right above yours. Nite had thanked it. I clicked it just to see if I could duplicate it. Nite's name disappears and only mine is there.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Arc, I think he just removed his "Thanks".

I thanked that same post, and did it many times before, and it didn't remove previous ones.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Has Blaqk worked on this at all? If not I'll speak with him in game tonight.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I can't replicate either the duplicate thanks or the erasing thanks. Until I can see what the problem is I'll assume there isn't any and that the duper just bugged out. Would have been funnier if it were Duplicated who double tanked.
  11. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

The "V" will be replaced with an actual image I cobbled together once Ability uploads it. StarCraft 2 replays will also show the SC2 logo.
  12. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Whatever Google's doing, that link is broken.
    [attachment=243]
  13. RiDdElOrE

RiDdElOrE New Member

hey guys
    im experiencing some issues with the forum as well
    i cant log on by normal way i allways have to go thru the dereffer of my mail account
    which kinda blows.
    and be4 you think im too stupid: yea i activated my forum account and yea it allways says it is alrdy activated when it is asking me to do it again. so pls help me with this thing out coz im really not attending that much to the forum coz of this
  14. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

notdstarcraft.com/forum not forum.notdstarcraft.com
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

This problem will be completely fixed, probably by tonight.
  16. Yoshika

Yoshika New Member

Odd forum bug

Whenever i log onto the forums, it doesnt log in immediately, even entering the username and password. It says logged in, then goes back to a screen where if you're trying to view a attachment pic, it tells you to log in again. There's like a lag spike of 3~5 minutes before the system logs you in.
  17. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

RE: Odd forum bug

This is a known bug that I've already created a solution for. It will be implemented as soon as Ability has a chance to upload my fix.

The issue is, you're logging in from http://forum.notdstarcraft.com. This is no longer the correct URL for the forum as there is a strange cookie bug that prevents it from authorizing your login. The correct URL is http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum. As long as you login from the new URL, you shouldn't experience this issue. The solution I created was an instant redirect page that will take you to the correct URL for logging in, making this issue moot. The reason it seems to resolve itself after a while is whenever you click "Home", it will bring you to the correct URL where your client-side cookies are working properly.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks for your patience. =)
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

RE: Odd forum bug

We have a bug thread for a reason.

Threads Merged.
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Users whose accounts have not yet been activated are capable of thanking others for their posts.
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Finally fixed forever. The cookie bug that wouldn't let you sign in is dead. From now on, any attempt at visiting forum.notdstarcraft.com will instantly redirect you to notdstarcraft.com/forum.