For Meg, regarding barrels

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lulz, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

So last night we were talking about barrels in the channel chat after yet another barrel caused an untimely death ( not even sure who/ what happened i wasnt in the game ). But as myself and a few others have noticed recently barrels are not working correctly lately. Meg as well as another channel fellow proceeded to inform us all that its intentional! Not being dumb i think just about anybody whos been around for awhile know that barrels can and will tk, so yes we all know thats intentional. The point was its not working right. She asked me to grab proof, which regarding a thing that happens very few and far between is not an easy task. However just a few short hours later, i was killed, by a barrel with shields still up. I shall share these screen shots with you, of the barrels not working correctly, just as it has been suspected since the patch.

Ps on a side note wtf is up with barrels they should either always do damage (although not as much as they do, maybe reduced damage) or never do damage to heros. This 1 shield will block a barrel blast but 300 hp will not is completely stupid.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

So, barrels mechanics aren't properly working, the vs shield damage got screwed with, and its reset to its default values of High ass damage to anything.

Don't forget the Commando's lives lost to those evil barrels.
  3. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Those dam barrels trolled so many games, most likely in appolo. This might be another bitching thread for being killed by barrels lol. They always have been an issue
  4. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

maybe ability should completly reduce damage vs heroic to 0?
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

NO. I've killed erebos 2 soloing it as po with an L3. do NOT fuck with barrels. I will cut you. SLOWLY.
  6. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

um.. ok? i dont understand how eros and l3s has to do with herioc barrel damage
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

L3 + barrel does a fuckton of damage. idk why but it does. like 800
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Because Barrels have always done a lot of damage (At least 500, always enough to one hit kill marines when they had no shields, as shields made them do no damage to marines).
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

The only time I died at barrels was when running up to them and holding d. Maybe u should shoot the barrels from a distance or not go near them, there's plenty of other problems since 1.5
    Barrels are pretty good trolls though
  10. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

Imo, I like how barrel can kill marine with shields down.

After all, it is a entire area filled with explosive barrels...that is a hazardous area and is more interesting to navigate around possible exploding(would be better if there is a script that gives you a chance to randomly detonate barrel by running through it) barrels to safety instead of xf+z to run away.
  11. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1

There was a time when barrels acted kinda like the way they did now but players bitched about it so loudly that shields were made to act as blast nullifiers.

A minority tried to lobby against this but the masses demanded that the game be dumbed down. Barrels were thus made into nothing but yet another enemy killing tool/map decoration.

This is the reason Bob was given 1 shield, same with the civilians.

Personally, I also would like the barrels to retain their current lethality. After all, there's nothing stopping a team from killing the things right as they see them.

That or take the risk of keeping them alive to use in emergencies (These things are pretty nifty when dealing with mobs of enemies).

Damage values were reset not only on the barrels but on the L3, mines, satchels and pretty much all talents that did AOE friendly fire. I'm not sure with the stinger just yet.

As with the barrels, I prefer things this way. People should know not to use a grenade launcher at a target that is right beside allies, should know not to stand extremely close to mines, and avoid giant red circles of imminent explosions and keep away from explosive barrels because that's the logical thing to do.
  12. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Just had to post this:
  13. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

If only you could attach a barrel to a spider mine.
  14. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

lol so that what killed me, I got kill all of the sudden in a few survs and ecs, nothing had hit me n I had 0 hit deaths. SO IT WAS U, U BARRELS THAT KILLED ME trololololol