FO talent discussion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Leong Wai Seng, May 10, 2013.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

It's been slated to happen since March of 2012, so it's been literally a year. You've no right to be surprised.
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

As the self-taught Forward Observer Master *puts on monocle*... It is my professional and personal opinion that the Mobile Infantry Tree is the better of both. Though it lacks the DPS of the Artillery Tree, Minis tend to last longer in the hands of a skilled FO. While both Shells and Minis have a finite number of each, artillery is better for long-range combat... for thinning out the enemy before they reach you, while as Minis are better for close range combat, which NOTD has plenty of. Sure the FO is much more limited than other classes.. but that is the exact reason for what makes it such a unique class.

Artillery is great and all, but minis, in my opinion, are better for a multitude of tasks and situations.

RIFLEMAN MINI.
    [​IMG]
    Perfect for most situations, Rifleman Minis are a basic general use unit. Perfect for basic enemies.

MARKSMAN MINI.
    [​IMG]
    As a long range unit, Marksman Minis are perfect for taking on airwaves, and hitting basic and weaker Units before they even reach you. (Personal Note- I've noticed that out of all three minis variations, marksmen have the best reaction time.)

Flamethrower Mini.
    [​IMG]
    As a short range unit, Flamethrower Minis are best used against hordes and individual large units(and perfect for hugger, parasite, and broodling control). They only thing it cant handle are air units.

Overall, i believe Minis have a much better multi-purpose use then artillery does, but that's just my professional opinion.

My Tip to first time user of the Mobile Infantry is this.... don't just get the marksman minis... Get the Flamers as well, because if you want to be a good support unit, then you want to have all the options of the Mobile Infantry tree.
  3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

yeah but... it's finally being put into affect.
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

You got time till it happens. It isn't like this is the only thing happening or being worked on.

There are a lot of other things that are in the process of needing to happen / being worked on as well. Many things are happening at once, consequentially the pace is slow.

Does Kithrixx's mention of it imply it will be put in immediately?
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

If by "finally" you mean "eventually when Arcane gets the time". NOTD's got a loooot of bugs.
  6. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

The FO artillery is limited on shells indeed. A skilled fo doesn't usually use more than 500 shells per game in any mode. You can almost perma stun anything. You slow mobs not allowing them to engage in close combat.
    If you want to play minis, engi is much better. Since it allows you to have 10+ minis in ac :3. A fo that only uses shock is more useful than fo mob inf. Just because.
    Give mob inf a tank I might change my mind :3
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

"Give Mob Inf a Tank"
    "The Flamethrower mini can gain over 10 shield armor and stun everything in rather large area"
  8. speedy_new

speedy_new Well-Known Member

Until it will be reworked now flamer mini are very helpfull during Chronus (2lvl). They clear creep very fast so perma stun on Chronus+ clear creep=cheese strategy versus his new improvemnts.