Fighting on the Forum

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shooz, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'm not really sure how to post this so i'm going to be a little harsh about it.

Don't fight with other members on the forum, don't bring drama from games here.

If you get called out, handle it in a PM or contact a moderator.

I've seen too many fights from people being in community watch of noob of the day and the fight is just strewn across many thread here on the forum.

My proposed solution to all of the bickering bastards who cause this is, I'll just ban you.

So, let's not fight, ok? Also, remember Blaqk's thread "A House Divided Cannot Stand".
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

A house divided is just a bunch of columns.

And therefore not a house.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Because Shooz is being silly not noting that not everyone remembers that thread, I'll link it in this post and request that he edits it into his nice post there, so that people can read it without having to search for it, and that he deletes this little post I made here after he does that. Oh, and its also formatted properly in this post, so just go to reply, and just copy it out of there.

4. Shooz
    • Donator

I like your post too much to delete it. Please everyone, read the quote.
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Wow... Did everyone else feel chills down there back? Hmm i wish we had a clear cut answer on how to support unity. I mean if you tell me to charge up a hill, ill charge up a hill, but how can we all unite the players of notd ? Tell me i must know
  6. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

We have the "Divided House Cannot Stand" thread in the archive actually.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Maybe you could put a link...
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

The exact quote of "A House Divided Cannot Stand" by Blaqk is posted in the third post of this thread and the thread in the archive is linked in the blue text above the quote block in the third post.
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ah, ok i didnt realize that was the same one. Thanks art.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I think we all can relate to the way blakq and shooz felt in a way, but honestly when I was new, I didnt feel too many ppl help me thrive in notd, almost literally except kithrix until recently. I made friends in pubs and whatnaught but definitley on the forum its very hard to please ppl.
    The reason I say this is we would all have to make a huge effort to pub more, and activley help newcomers in game to feel safe and have fun playing this game. The general feel is, please the vets screw the noobs, and I think the vets have earned a place in notd, dont get me wrong. But in being a vet that keeps the title vet, I think guiding new players, and keeping them safe from all things dangerous, should be number one priority to get new players. Hopefully when HOTS comes out all the servers of will combined and many more notd games will be played, and that may even help solve the problem as more vets eill be able to circulate games together and help newcomers.

But the forum "problem" still remains. It is a place with very mixed feelings, and i know it isnt easy to fit in here. Also, not everyones english, communication, and critical thinking skills are at the same level. Noticing and comprising for factors like these is critical.

I played a pub a day or two ago where a mm used mono on everything moving, including me. I asked him several tines to stop, i told him if he does it again he will die. He didnt respond to any of this this, so i took a step back and said whats wrong with this guy? Does he just want to die? I typed in his name and asked in very "formal" words "_________ do you understand the problem?" Finally he replied. He said "I dont understand". The whole time I had been saying things like "stop mono" " check mono" "ffs mono" " if you hit me again with mono i kill you" the problem was, he barley spoke english, I had to be very careful with what I was explaining in order for him to realize monocartridge fucks the team up too. In a case like this, normally I would think hes just a flippin idiot, but he wasnt, he actually had pretty good kiting skills and knew when the appropriatley use mono vs enemies, he just didnt speak enough english to realize we were yelling at him to be more careful vs allies. The moral of the story is, each player is a human being, all from different walks of life, and different backrounds. If we dont realize that it will be very hard to accomplish anything besudes gaining xp for ourselves. Sometimes it takes a little more than average leading to help ppl understand amd really grow in notd.
    [hr]
    Yes I do realize there are several typos in there but my phones a son of a bitch and wont let me select each individual word after ive typed it.
  11. Shooz
    • Donator

Spartan, I think you're aiming more toward the help a noob foundation, not the "don't fight on the forum".

Please if you're going to post under announcements, keep it very strictly to the point of the topic.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol apologies. I do think that teaching them to aim to "fight less" or the behavior there-in , as your trying to get the community to do the same would be a good way to go. I guess I may have gone a bit off topic.

Wait , no actually if your refering to the last paragraph it was an example of how communication can differ. Meaning 2 ppl read the same thing and get 2 different bits of information, as well as language barriers. I remember try to explain how something was hard, and the dude didnt understand, but when i used the word difficult he was like ooooh. So.. yeah thats about it i guess.