Field Aid medic Ultimate change?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by squish, Jul 8, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I vote we change the field aid medic's ability of restoration to something else. It's getting a little.. tired.

I propose this:

Changes marine to flying unit for 15 seconds, emitting a healing aura of +6 HP/+3 to mechanicals regen, +1 energy regen, 1 ailment stack removed every 1.5 seconds, along with a burst at the end that removes short circuit in a radius of 5
    Cost: 60 energy
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Lore: With an abundance of nanites and energy, this enables the Field Aid medic to "Levitate" on nanites for a brief period of time, radiating them outward, repairing damaged flesh, tissue, bone, ligaments and all essential functions, with the nanites being over energized, they also study and adapt to restore & repair damaged metals as well. HOWEVER: Reduce movespeed to 1.5 during this. This should NOT be an OH SHIT get away from it button. Should also taunt enemies within 1.5 radius as an additional barrier to going OH SHIT and levitating.
  2. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i would do this:
    Medic emits energy from her suits, causing every marine to regenerate damaged flesh and suits, medics tools will be empowered.
    cost: 2 energy/sec
    cooldown: NONE
    effects: 10hp/sec and removes ailments after 10 sec(1 stack), medic surgical laser removes any wounds, medic anti-venom removes every venom stack.
  3. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

In what way? Please elaborate.
  4. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Just getting tired of seeing little blue bolts of lightning shoot out as an ultimate. Plus the things it does are _slightly_ underwhelming for a T3
  5. Thermidor

Tbh, I'm fine with it as it is now, but that's just my opinion.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

... But Restoration is the only AOE heal that the Medic has, in addition to being a burst heal. Restoration is great.

Also, flying? Going to issue a flat "no" to that one. That would be so amazingly overpowered.
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Hence, the taunt. So it's not an oh shit button that you'd use, plus this talent WOULD be an AOE heal.
  8. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

NOOO DONT GET RID OF RESTORATION!!!! It is one of my favorite abilities when shit starts breaking down, and is the only medic ability that "heals" another players energy. TTD demo with a shield restoration combo is amazing, don't ruin it for us because you want a song and dance number every time you press a button.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

This is the dumbest idea proposed to replace a medic skill. Before you go trying to change something that doesn't need fixing, perhaps you should put your personal opinion aside and think it through a little better.
  10. Thermidor

Sorry Squish, but I have to side with Kith on this one. Restoration is useful in quite a number of situations, such as TTD demo energy replensihment like JAW said, also it can quickly heal multiple injured allies around you.
  11. squish

squish Well-Known Member

D'well, shit. I'll give in to the community on this one.
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Another reason it shouldn't be changed: MIFO. Today I ran a nm alpha with 1 orderflamer, 1 sscon, 2meds (supposed to both be fa but one went nano), 2 mifo, 1 assmm, and 1 field engy. If our fa med hadn't died we probably wouldn't have lost 2 more ppl in the pers fight, and most of the endgame minis would've made it. The new restoration is so stupidly overpowered when used in conjunction with multiple mifos or field engies. Before our fa med died, every restoration was a blue explosion of win.