Feedback [w/ Replays]

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Stereo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Its in the first 2 minutes of the replay. Nothing else of consequence happens for the rest besides just dinking around with weapons.

(Ammo Cases can still be picked up is the only other thing that happens, but you're already aware of Ammo Cases defiance.)
  2. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

just going to stick a note on here will be uploading beta weapon looks on my model thread so things can be kept clear on here for bugs and such.
  3. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I jumped into a game for a few nanoseconds but got called into something else. Wanted to put this down here before I forgot...

The backdrop for class selection being changed to blue, while the buttons maintained their relatively greener green blue (if that makes sense) struck me as... Visually unappealing? Maybe not the best choice of words, but I liked it more when the back drop was green.
  4. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

they changed it? i always liked the green as well.
  5. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Was given Pump Shotgun and was asked how it performed. Besides: "It was okay", here is what else I have to say.

Frankly, I see Auto and Pump taking the role of scout weapons, beating out the MMR and Pistol. They spawn frequently that they can be easily spared, have long range, and splash that takes care of mobs (and aren't the fists of angry gods that you give to a mando/smm). Now that roaming mobs spawn in groups, I think the MMR is going to phase out as handy dandy weapon. Although still more ammo efficient, I liked using the Pump as my runner weapon more than I did the SMG or MMR.

Didn't get any error messages while attempting to manual target with the Pump, so +1. Didn't get a chance to use Auto Shotty.
  6. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Also, weren't rating values supposed to reset? I checked my bank and I have 1400 rating.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm considering increasing the reload time and weight of shotguns for that very reason. Thank you for the feedback.

We have not wiped rating yet - we'll be doing that when we overhaul Rating and Stats and such.
  8. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

If you give it to the shotties too hard no one will use them. With their damage changing with range based on proximity, they are awkward weapons. Having to position yourself to get the results you want is potentially bad, such as when you are surrounded. As much as I love manual targeting with them, I think just increasing the weight is fine. (Maybe make an item for shotty that changes their damage model to a flat splash and flat damage? Make sure to name it something that will offend gun nuts.)
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I'm not thinking of going crazy with it - half a second at most and maybe 5 points. If that's not enough, I may increase the amount of Noise it generates. I'm aware that it still needs to remain a usable weapon.
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

SMG sound effect is not playing.

Mags are disappearing when you use the drop functionality. I believe it is tied to inventory slots being occupied, but that is just a theory. (Also with how fast you use it.)

Tarion had a lot of BB and Queen spawns, seemed pretty high for just recruit 2 man. (Rifle+Demo. Edit 2: Was using Laser Rifle, so maybe that was it. I thought that there was supposed to be a cooldown on hordes.)

Noticed that Slashers have equal threat to zombies. ♥

Attached replay if you want to look at it.

Edit: The broken animations make Flamethrower look so lulzy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Noted, thank you.

Also noted.

Spawning problems are a known issue.

Yeah, it was decided that enemies having equal threat rating was important because it made Attack-Move behave consistently.

I appreciate all of the feedback and the help you've provided, but please use the Bug Report Form to report bugs in the future. We're trying to actually make use of the Bug section of the forums to keep things more organized so we can stay on top of what we have and haven't fixed.
  12. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Alrighty. Should I put them in individual threads, or all in a single thread?
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Group them together by type. The basic types are Classes, Enemies, Weapons/Items, Missions, and Terrain.
  14. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Jumped onto the European server to play with the new UI. I thought about taking a screenshot and just drawing on it, but that'd take too long for me to do, and I want to do this now.

Squad bar displayed my rank and class selection from the get go, I enjoyed that it changed with what class was being selected. Will try with more people some time later.

I found it awkward that it included how many points in each tree I had spent. If anyone cared about that information they would look it up manually. Seeing where they were spent is more useful than knowing they are there. (I presume the Rifleman mesh is in the place of where the portrait and class icon go?)

Is it possible that when we hover over the HP/Shields/Energy bars that they display values? Points in Shields, Health, and Intelligence are why I mention this, as a person at max in Healths 75% is greater than someone who has none and is at 80%.

The cleaning up of the NVG, Talents, "?", social, and Menu all look pretty slick. Consider putting hotkeys of N on the NVG and B on the Talents in smaller font in the bottom right corner. Also, neither the Talents or NVG specify there is a hotkey. Also, can we have a way of closing out of the Talent menu without a hotkey? Not a big deal, but sometimes you do what you do.

The cleaning up of the ammo counter is nice, especially incorporating the drop mag button into it. Ammo appeared to track normally. Maybe some time in the future update it so that it displays bullets that tick down. That would come with a lot more work for AMR, HCM, Assault, and other capacity changes, but I think it'd be a great aesthetic to incorporate in the future.

Is it me, or are the inventory icons bigger now? They seem bigger.

I took a hit to see what the value bars would do, and I was pleased to see it go down, and go back up very smoothly.

Colonel Delania still says we need to move up to bodies to search them for ammo at the dead fighters near Recruit Start. Figured something along the lines of, see what can be salvaged, etc, would be more appropriate.

Biggest gripe is how large the Talent Tree menu is. Though not because it is big, but because you can't see through it. I feel like that's kind of important. The squad bar I am not sure of, I will see if 7 of my mates are willing to dip their toes in your pool.

I also picked up an ammo case. It was glorious. Even more glorious? I put ammo in it.

PS, enjoy all the bugs that I reported. They all come from this replay.

Attached Files:

15. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Sure pm me will come play tonight.
    Glad you like the new ui elements i put together, i also wanted the talents scaling down somewhat it does seem rather big and in your face. There are some other minor alignments tweaks that are being processed, but like yourself i wanted to see the full team ui in action.
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I felt it would be useful information to have on a glance. We'll agree to disagree.

Class meshes are in place of portraits for the time being. Class Icons will be added in the not too distant future.

I'll ask Arcane.

Hotkeys will be added to the buttons. The UI is a work in progress.

Sure.

If Commlink wants to make new bar graphics for all of the different round counts and ammo types, sure. However, I doubt that will be happening.

#XML

First missions have been slated to be rewritten for a while.

:O
  17. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Back in business...

Squad Side Bar is obstructing the mission timers.

The chapter announcements are in Protoss. I feel like they would be better in Terran, considering everything is mostly a greener-green-blue.

That's it for now, but I will be back.
  18. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Background for class selection was protoss blue as well for reasons unknown?
  19. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Depending on the last race you selected will dictate the color. I specifically played a game as Terran in another map, as the player's race is not locked in, and can be changed based on previous settings.

Side note: I would suggest we lock the players' race to Terran, unless there are plans that dictate otherwise.
  20. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Ran with a mate of mine. Replay attached with a few things.

Note:
    An array drop location was broken. It was dropped but did not count as dropped due to where the objective AoE was. Will make a bug report.

A predator picked up an Armor. Not sure on that, but eh.

Replay attached.

Attached Files: