Feedback [w/ Replays]

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Stereo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

>When you hover over the model(?) mesh you can see at the bottom of the description/blurb "Can rally nearby infested to protect itself."

>Its not a complaint, more a statement. Although I am put off that the AMR is criting for 680 under the same conditions, but the flamethrower is doing the same in just base regular damage. (Imagine an Opsmando hitting Charlie with a flamer on Surg and MA...)

>Is this the same case for Tesla's? Their attacks are proccing SC through shields.

Are there plans to wipe banks when we move to full Beta? (I don't care if my bank is wiped, but I would like to know.) Also, what happens if we have a beta bank but still want to transfer stats from NOTD? Will the game delete the first set of stats and replace them with the new ones? Or...?
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, sure.

The AMR has the benefit of absurd range and not requiring positioning strategy for effective use.

Any attack that applies Short Circuit should not be applying through shields.

We will likely be wiping Rating, but other than that, no - the Experience that players earn will be retained.

As for NOTD bank/stat transferring, the goal is for NOTD to produce a unique code for players to use in NOTD 2 that will give them their rewards once entered. We haven't ironed out any further details than what's listed in this thread.
  3. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

>Then short circuit is busted! Yay!

>The Flamethrower has the benefit of not having its damage nerfed once the weapon changes are in... Just me, but I don't like it. I am of the personal belief that the AMR should be able to crit the highest, but not 1 shot with its base damage. Either give it bonus damage to Massive or Armored (+30/50?), or give it a harder crit (300/350). Otherwise, there is no point in capitalizing on its extreme range. (Sure, killing things like Mercs and Mechs from a distance is gr8. But the point is, [for me at least] that the AMR should be used on high threat things and be able to reliably put them down. Most of the time, you will not see these things coming, and you will only know it is there once it comes into one's vision. Things like Queens, Slashers, and the like. I don't think AMR should be getting nerfed any harder than it already has.)

>If you are going to wipe rating, why not wipe the whole thing? That's like taking the toppings off a supreme pizza. Now it is just a cheese.

Edit: The AMR, from what I have seen so far in game, does not need a nerf. If I were running with a team, it would be killing brain bugs and slashas without turning them into stains. It'll take a goodly chunk, but it isn't 1 shotting. Even with a crit.

Edit Edit: Maybe even consider greatly extending the range of vision granters.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Critical Strike is (going to be, once reworks happen) pretty much entirely the Assault's deal, and Assaults will be able to run 90% to 100% Critical Strike Chance on the regular. I am hesitant to improve the AMR's Critical Strike damage for that reason - it could very easily outshine the Heavy Machine Gun and other high Crit Damage weapons. Additionally, the AMR is one of the two weapons with perfect splash damage. While you may feel that its damage is underwhelming, I think you're discounting the fact that it doesn't just deal 150 damage to the main target, it deals 150 damage to all units in a 3.5 length line.

Because I want players to retain the rewards of helping us alpha test. Rating is being wiped because Rating is being redone and because NOTD 2 is in Alpha - its balance is really screwed up right now.

Sorry, boo. It's getting fiddled with.

"Vision granters" being?
  5. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

>The HMG is capable of ludicrous speed. The AMR is not able to reach any ridiculous attack speeds (and honestly I do not think Mando would get anything worth while, MM more so). RL, FF, Bloodlust all only gave it a 1.97 attack speed. Also, I would have thought the penetration to have a damage fall off. Why make it HVHM?

>Flare guns and ground flares. From my limited experience fooling around with them (in item and skill form), everyone throws ground flares like a girl. Flare guns feel like their effective range is your arm's reach. If they are supposed to give us early threat detection, we should at least be able to throw them without hugging those threats. (I am probably biased because we had 15 range ground/gun flares in UA. I do not know how well these'll work until everything is up and running.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Because perfect penetration is a feature of the weapon. That said, while the HMG has a higher DPS, it is not capable of quick stutter stepping like the AMR. Additionally, the HMG has a lower ammo efficiency per shot - compare the AMR's 75 per round to the HMG's 30. If I'm going to do anything to the AMR, I'm going to lower its attack speed to 2.5, but I'm waiting on test results from the new weapons before I make any kind of judgement on the matter.

Because the flare items are usable by anyone with an inventory. The Recon (2.0), on the other hand, has upgraded (in both range and effect) versions of the items as class abilities.

Anyways.

Flare Guns are for a quick peek beyond sight blockers or a quick reveal of invisible units. If you want early threat detection, I suggest looking to Road and Surveillance Flares, and if you're having trouble setting them in a place that's effective for you, either bring a Recon (or a Recon post-rework) or plan ahead.
  7. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Assault's Suppressive Concentrated Fire at Level 1 mentions a 0% critical strike increase in its tooltip. Ignored critical strike until level 4 when I put 1 level in it. At level 3, there was no mention of a critical strike increase. Did not see if it carried over to levels 2 and 3.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  8. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Paratroopers are using "Peacekeeper Burst Rifle".

Gemini Protocol is busted. Not granting 2nd weapon [In that there is no model in 2nd hand or anything to denot it being there], or reducing attack speed [It lowered attack speed when I dropped Hecate with HMG + Flame]. Not working with flamethrowers. Akimbo MMG deletes weapon model. Same with SMG. Works with Flamethrower + HMG, lol.

HMG turned into the fist of angry god at the end of the replay. Went from 40 to -10 in 0.00001 seconds. Magazine effectively dumped.

Gemini overall is wonky af right now. Also saw a doodad that was walkthroughable. Denoted with a ping.

Edit: were alternate fire modes taken out?

Edit 2-Rise of the Edits: HMG deploy and either Conc. Fire or the T2 damage buff share the same "W" hotkey.

Edit 3: Editsys: I may be wrong in that it is busted, but it definetly seems... not optimal??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  9. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

MD-5 lacks a sound effect. So does Chain Explosive.

Stockpile is nice and all, but instantly adding 2 charges was silly. Make it just so it enables them to be stocked without granting all the things.

I was trying to let Sarbus kill the Reactor because he dodged my "carefully" planned trap. It took him so long I just let him kill me.

Attached Files:

10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Will be updated when NPCs are updated, which will happen when Missions are updated.

We know. We have known.

That's what the HMG does.

Yes.

Check that your Hotkey profile is the default one.

Peerawatz is currently amassing his considerable sound banks to update all of the sound effects in NOTD 2.

I'll file this under "maybe". You're right, but in the big scheme of things it's not important.

All of the missions and the bossfights are going to be redone, which will involve fixing poorly planned bossfights (aka all of them).
  11. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

>I will give it a look, but I am pretty sure it is set to default.

Also, being able to see the AoE of MD-5's would be nice.
  12. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Going to be out of commission for a little bit. A mixture of allowing a few patches to get thrown in and working on my little pet project.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I don't know why you posted this here.
  14. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

The theory was something that I stewed over for a while and threw here callously before I went to sleep and forgot. Which I will move now, because I forgot I put it here.
  15. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

A return, and straight into it!

When you unequip your weapon at less than 50% ammo, you are still able to reload and consume magazines. I lol'd as I did this 10 times because I thought it was funny. It also appears to break your magazine, as I was unable to fire when I equipt my weapon until I reloaded. [Minor bug, and one that is easily avoidable, but its there.]

New sounds for some of the weapons sound sique [I like the old AR on the new SMG]. Although, not gonna lie, I think the Assault Rifle's sound effect sounds better for the MMG. And the MMG sound effect just sounds plain wonky [Like just moving metal. No WEP WEP WEP]. The new Auto Shotty sound effect sounds way too large/heavy, I preferred the older one.

New Laser Rifle model looks nice, but I liked the old LR model more than the new one. Its hard to distinguish [model wise] what you have on. I mean, not a huuuuge deal, but its no longer as unique as it was before.

Also, at the very beginning I run up to some ammo at the left storage room from spawn, and it appears that a magazine just vanished, but I may be mistaken. [I thought there was 3 but only got 2].

Replay below, enjoy. [I run around a lot looking for the HMG and AMR to see what they sound like, but to no avail.]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  16. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

If you saw the work from the older version and new one you wouldn't say that =P. Your concerns have been noted. I could try playing with the lights on the model to increase the vibrance slightly, in the darker atmosphere it may make the weapon stand out more? what do you think?
    Unless your on min to low settings in which case the glowing parts wont display which could be your problem.

Just to clarify though the reason for the change in weapon colours/design is because camos for weapons will be added at a later date.

Hope that help and thanks for feedback, if you have any suggestions I would be happy to look into them.
  17. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

In comparison to the old one, it just blends too well with the environment and lacks the same visual aesthetic of being an advanced piece of technology. The larger, longer frame, with the red glow [and white(?) finish], helped it really stick out and say, "Hey, look at me. I am a wayzer rifle." (The fact that it looked like a laser rifle from a certain game... but maybe I am remembering incorrectly.)

[I can live with everything else having a "modern"(?) and easily recognized appearance, such as the AMR and HMG, but its a laser rifle, y'know? Might as well put it out there.]

That shouldn't be the issue, as I don't boat low settings. (I use custom, but none of them go below medium. Most of them are set to High, and a few set to Ultra. But I didn't see anything glowing at all.)

Neato. I never bought into the whole decorating your gun bizz, though. Not my style.

Will do. The only thing I'll say out right is that the model for the pump action shotgun has a vintage appearance that doesn't really appeal to me that much. Wooden stock in the 22nd century just doesn't sell to me. And perhaps also increasing the size of it some, and making it a smidget longer. It seems small and insignificant, and it looked like a toy gun while I was dinking around with it.
  18. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

The original alpha version had problems i had only ever intended for them to be placeholders(you can tell from below). As its a fast firing laser rifle thats already seen and been refined though testing (lore notd1?) i figured a big chucky weapon thats on par in size with the plasma cannon didn't fit the style and theme. To me the link/image you provided looks more like a laser shotgun and deigning it such a way would impact other weapons visual looks.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully later on you will be able to review weapons on a different screen and seen the work spit and polish on them =).

Same, but give the people what they want.

Vintage was not going to be my style or first choice, but i work with what im given in some cases and this is what was requested =).

There are still alot more weapons yet to be reveled such as the plasma rifle and cannon, minigun, railgun and lots more. Once the weapons start appearing more frequently, the vintage will add a nice offset to the weapon look and selection. If you want to review any of the weapons not in the game, designs or simply wish for a closer look at something let me know will be happy to provide closer visual inspections.
  19. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Holy wow, that's the difference between the two? I suppose I'll need to start zooming in some, haha! I guess that goes to show what I know. Realization aside...

Looking at just the framework/outlines, the one on the left looks really good. The one on the right is okay, but it looks too alien(?). It doesn't look like something a human would use, where the one on the left looks like it would. (A robot would use it for sure!)

If you've got the time to spare, that'd be awesome! Maybe even some classes holding them if you're willing to.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Will be fixed when we screw with forced reloads on weapon swapping.

I'll take a gander at the replay when I have the time.

If I recall correctly, the HMG and AMR didn't get new gun noises.