Favorite Role

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan III, May 20, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Whats your favorite role?
    (use poll)
  2. Ryan III

and no, you can't vote twice
    [hr]
    I also forgot, if nite changes it it doesnt count :p
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

What about DPS Tanks (Tech, Demo), Support Tanks (Flamethrower), Support DPS (Chemist, Medic)?
  4. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Is this my favorite role in NOTD or in all games that have roles like these?

I don't really like NOTD's style of "Support" classes but i like Support more than DPS or Tank in most games because then i dont have to do anything i get to help my team in a more appreciated way.
  5. Ryan III

tech and demo are tanks because their ults are the only dps, flamer is tank because it is the tank in its native storyline, and medic n chem are support
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well Tech's second tier is entirely DPS. Crawler Drones, that's an extra 140 DPS, Ballistics, increasing attack speed and damage. Spiked Armor and Time to Die both add to the Damage. Flamethrower tanking is more about Team Support than "actual tanking". The only time you tank it's tanking more because you have RA/KA/XS-4, otherwise you're supporting the team with slows and stuns. And the Medic you have straight support (Nanohaste), combined with Support DPS (Viral Injection), combined with pure DPS (Moar DoTs!), similarly the Chemist fits that, Support such as Shrinker and Energy Transfer, and DPS such as Pennance and VRL.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

is explodemo caster support or caster dps? I mean, 4 of his 5 talents are dps but his most important and best talent is support.
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I'd say Support DPS. Though if I had to choose one I'd lean to support. Mostly because his AoE is AoE Lockdown which means it works best in support of the team instead of just alone.

Least that's my insane old man rationale.
  9. Ryan III

I forgot how to edit polls!!!
    PANIC!!!!!
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Close Enough.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Sure is convenient that last option was there, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to vote.
  12. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Hahaha :D
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

hmm, is THE ANGRINATOR arms assault, gunslinger pistoleer, or weapons tech? Fuck it, I'm voting for all three.
  14. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

My favorite class roll is... *drum roll*
    WINNING!

I don't give a FUCK because I play all classes tremendously well!
    >=(