Favorite Cooking Recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry B.C. Dresden, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

I looked around a forum but didnt see a thread on people's favorite cooking recipes. I am a chef by trade, and always try to come up with a new delish dish. From Breaded chicken with a taste of lime, to a juicy steak soaked in a cabernet sauvignon, to my barbeque spice burgers.
  2. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

You are now the official NOTD chef!!! Could you also send me that Barbeque spice burger recipe? >.>
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Yes I love this thread already!!

I have a secret taco recipe which is a favourite in my house hold, my roommates request it of me weekly its that delicious :3

But you know very well that I've been looking for a chicken recipe that doesnt take too long and feeds 3 guys' bottomless pits lolz
  4. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

yeah send me those recipies too :D i love to cook, but rarely get a chance to do so.
    My favorite recipie is Duck with mango, mangichutney and rice
  5. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i have a recipe for soup that if you are sick it gives you a kinda 1-up feeling and you just feel awesome (recipe made myself :D)
  6. Foehammer
    • Donator

Dont know if you want this in thread or not but heres one of my appetizer recipes.

Tex-Mec chicken melts
    10oz can chicken, 2Tbsp mayo, 1/2 chopped onion, 1c grated chedder cheese, 1Tbsp southwest season, 1 garlic clove(pressed), 2Tbsp parsely, 1/2c green pepper.
    Mix and divide over bread slices.
    Then place a thin tomato slice over each, if desired.
    Bake at 375 for 20 mins.

For the bread- Bake 1 french loaf in baking tube (11oz) for 60 mins. Cool and slice in 1/4" slices. Top with above ingredients and bake as directed :p hope you enjoy if you decide to make.
  7. Harry B.C. Dresden

BBQ Spice burgers
    - for grill or stove top

needed
    a)Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. original recipe is best sweet and spicy works but clashes a tiny bit.
    b) black pepper
    c) crushed red pepper
    d) cayenne
    e) oregano
    f) pepperjack cheese

i usually set heat to 7 or 8( high medium range, but i like my burgers medium well done)

1. get 2 pans one pan solely for toasting the buns. one for the meat. i like to toast my buns but thats me.

2. take meat add black pepper and oregano. pinch of cayenne. light flaking of crushed red. put a small dab of bbq sauce into the meat, just enough to make it juicy. form to burgers of desired size. (i do about 3/4 - full palm size, when you flip it makes them a good size)

3. while they are cooking add another dab of bbq sauce to each side. i also add another pinch of cayenne on both. (i love spicy)

4. add burger to toasted buns, add pepperjack cheese and ketchup ( you can add tomatoes or what have you if you desire dont add mayo to it though, clashes too much)
  8. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Can you guys pretty plz let me know roughly how long ur recipes take to make?

Ty! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  9. Foehammer
    • Donator

Mine takes about 1h 30min due to needeing to bake te bread, then mixing the ingredients and rebaking. But in my opinion i dont mind the wait, my favorite appetizer.
  10. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

hmm the duck needs around 1-2 hours, since you need to cook rice cut a mango (and remove the core), maybe make your own mango chutney (if you dont want to buy 1) and cook the duck breasts.
    other recipies i think that are quite fast are chili con carne (at least the way i do it) and curry + rice (as you see it in animes :p)
    chili takes ~30min and the curry ~35-40
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

12. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

I've done a chili con carne be4, but my roomies aren't exactly huge fans over spicy foods, which is a pity :p
  13. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Pfff, I told you how to fry chicken Humpz, and you still haven't done it. D:
  14. Harry B.C. Dresden

bbq spice burgers take 10 minutes 15 tops. 1.50 lbs of beef can make 5 -7 burgers depending on size.
  15. Foehammer
    • Donator

Any ever tried a caramel roll? Im talking about the actual food not the candy.
  16. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

well the fastest and most delicious meal i know is easy and takes around 15 minutes: Steak! relly tasty beef steak still red in the core^^
  17. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Ham and cheese sandwich
    Step one: make sure you have breads, hams, cheese, plate, knife, and root beer

Last step: give root beer to SkullCapp

On serious note, how about making your own chicken/steak/schnitzel quadadesza (Taco Bell quad thing, forgot how to spell it).

Or how about substituting tomato sauce for BBQ sauce when making pizza?

Or making schnitzel hamburger? Slice schnitzel in half vertically and put hamburger meat between them. And add cheese and bacon for good measure.
  18. Harry B.C. Dresden

one thing ive been doing for megan lately is making what i call pjacks.

toast bread
    add
    pepperoni
    pepperjack cheese
    monterey cheese
    marinara sauce
    with a dusting of oregano and parsley.