Exploitable Bugs

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

This thread will be dedicated to reporting bugs that we don't really want everyone to know about.

Such as, at the beginning of Apollo Sec Team, before you rescue Sec Team B, you can purchase items from the Alpha Company store (that Special Ops Dropship). Makes infester hunting easier.

The reason this is sensitive, is it would be an easy matter to buy a Stinger or something, drop it at the west Apollo gate for Sec Team B, and let them kill all the stalkers while you continue to scout without a time limit.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

On EU I notice people from A finding a gravity gun and grabbing B from Apollo and scouring the map together before deciding to open the gate. Or throwing items into Apollo from outside so B levels up vs the hordes.

As for Flamethrower, Faith is extremely exploitable using either RA or KA. KA works better. Lose half your shield, instruct medic not to use shield on you, spam Faith at no HP cost whatsoever.

XS-4. Keep swapping with another armor for insta full shield. Probably same issue as min maxing strength stat for heals.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Found a new exploit by chance.

If you stand at a certain location in front of the stop signs at Tart Gate, Tart will get stuck against the other side of the Stop sign and unable to attack you.
    This is due to the poor SC2 pathing
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Using Penance on anything makes tanking Athena laughably easy. For best results, use expendable units like crawler drones. Just need to watch out that nothing else hits said unit.

Also one game the airlock eggs failed to explode, and Athena got stuck, because she was too big to squeeze inbetween several of the eggs, which are conveniently immortal.

And lastly, The Horror disables Perses tentacles, permanently. This has something to do with how the model works, and it's essentially the reverse of stuns not stopping his tentacles (which still occurs). Iirc Peera had a custom Leviathan that fixed those issues.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Deltamando: MVP of Alpha for making Perses infinitely less of a pain in the ass.
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Actually doesn't seem to be Delta disabling Perses. It still attacked after Horror.
    What seems to perm disable the attack is getting stunned even once. Must be a side effect of the new "doesn't attack when stunned" fix which went haywire.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Is -Nc supposed to work in survival? Because I just got the easiest -nc on nightmare grade, ever.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Yes, NC does work in Survival at the moment.
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

That would explain all the players with level 8 and 9 Navy on top of SSM.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Depends on the class. If you took a bunch of PF, tech and chem it is probably easy to get nc in surv.
    Then again nc generally is damn easy on EC too, probably not as easy as surv with apollo classes.
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

It's the fact it works for 2 man. 2 Techs or 2 PF, as well as Demotank, Crifle (with saline) and SubMM can all easily get a NC on Nightmare 2 man.
  12. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Could add a party minimum size requirement for that medal in the same way that MoH requires at least a party of 3

Like say, 4.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'm fine with Navy Cross requiring 3 or more players like Medal of Honor. Any other feedback on this?
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Eh. Honestly until we have Survival ship shape and cut out various exploits I'd like it if you could only get Superior Service in Survival. Once things are finalized, jumping fixed, etc, then yeah.

Navy Cross requiring a three man team seems reasonable though.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

How easy would a Two Demo Tank Easy co NM be? No MOH, but you could be all clear for NC and DSM if you played cautious.
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Just make all medals beside CAR require a 3 player start
  17. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Vote Kick Bug!
    [attachment=608] [attachment=609] [attachment=610]
    Basically what happened:
    We voted kicked Vomit.
    Msluiter vks himself.
    I vk vomit again
    MSluiter vks himself again and it counts.
    I vk vomit yet again.
    Msluiter vks himself to the point of no return and meets Bob.

Could be used to troll games by vote kicking the whole team.
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I don't see how much it is a bug. Its not like people haven't tried to -vk themselves.

Just removing self -vk fixes that.
  19. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

But using this someone could -vk an entire team if they decided to -vk someone like an afk lagger that didnt pick a class.
    We just vked ourselves because i needed to take the screenshots and we couldnt find more willing people to join.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Its more of a troll thing then a bug to say the least. It means 3 people intend to ruin a game, and have plans to do that.

Griefers will grief; the solution for this would just make it so you can't -vk yourself; making it requiring a 4 person effort to do it with an secondary communication so that the remaining two people could type the -vk and enter it at the same time.