Experiment : Mech Enemy Textures

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

I am not a fan of "Because it's a protoss unit with golden look , it is not qualified to be in NOTD" since NOTD 1, so I did some works and experiments on texture replacements

[​IMG]

Immortal + Colossi with Umojan Lab-style textures

[​IMG]

I kinda like this one, since they are mechs, cockpits are not needed anyway.

These are just experiments, using only on one textures file, I'll keep on experimenting, but so far it's better than golden armor yes?
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Can we get a closer view of the mechs and their different sides? I'd like to look at the textures more closely.

They're good from where they sit but, I don't feel like I'm seeing enough here.
  3. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Well, they mostly look good from distance, but if you zoom way too close they may look abit weird, but well it's better than golden, and I dislike Dark Toss's green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mostly do this to make the protoss/terran mechs to fit the lab's color theme

[​IMG]

Zealot turned machines;

Im lazy so I make his portrait for fun

[​IMG]
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

To be honest, the immortals and the goliaths are the ones that stick out here. Everything else either seems too big or too alien for the genre.
  5. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Kith wanted the mechs to be more hi-tech and uses materials not seen by other units (toss-like skins), while stalking on sc2mapster, I came upon an idea of using xelnaga/zhakul obelisk as textures, and the results are way too good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wraith

[​IMG]

Scout

[​IMG]

Toss Grounds

[​IMG]

Siege Tank with BC textures.

[​IMG]
  6. Shooz
    • Donator

I like the tanks and goliaths again. Not sure how I feel about the scouts. Maybe they can be used as a smaller unit such as laboratory security drones.
  7. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

[​IMG]

Siege Breaker

[​IMG]

Warhound

[​IMG]

Thor

[​IMG]

Maraud...Beep Boop

[​IMG]

Hybrid
  8. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Hellion

[​IMG]

Toss Shuttle

[​IMG]

Egon Stetmann

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  9. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

For the units with the bluish glow, maybe make those the ones with advanced/hardened shields and their color is resulting from the additional shields?
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Funny story: the Mech faction that I was considering having this blue pattern applied to are called the Shield, and were going to be the terran/durable variant (as opposed to the Sword, which are the protoss/offensive variant). I was a fan of the blue pattern for that very reason - Mechs, unlike other enemy types, have shields, and the Shield were extra durable because of their incredibly strong shields.
  11. ozzy

ozzy Member

are there any permanent cloaked dark templar things that try to assasinate the team with a melee weapon
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Not unless you're counting the (intended to be) rare invisible infested.
  13. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Mhmm kinda reminds me of Tron....
  14. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

Chances are tanks and such will have completely new customized models/textures.