Experience

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Harry B.C. Dresden, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

Okay. So I was wondering, do people actually pay attention to average exp when they check out a players experience. i got a couple mixed answers in game.

For example, i am at i think 14.9k ish with i dunno 270 games? my average is 54 exp.

i try to get 1,000 exp about every 20 games or more if i can. Does anyone else do something like this? im trying to stay on track so i can judge when i will hit certain goals. 100 games for 5,000. 200 games i was at 10k. ill be a bit a bit ahead this time.

what is a good pace to keep when trying to level up? i've played for about 2 months now. should i be higher or lower? i mostly play after 7 pm. which is when im home and settled after work.

the majority of my games are pub speeds and alphas. i dont get to play surv or apollo too often.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Go at whatever rate you feel comfortable. If people are judging you based on how much experience you have, you don't want to be playing with them. I would much rather play with Moe (11k xp I think) than some of the 20-40k players.
  3. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Ozy speaks the truth. It's best to avoid people who judge you based solely on your experience number. If anything, players should judge you based on your attitude and play style, rather than an experience number that can very easily be raised without actually becoming a thorough, well-rounded player.

Play at your own pace, not other people's pace.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

The true veterans of this community don't actually pay attention to today's players XP,avg XP or their rating. Personally, I only pay attention to their karma at most.

It does not actually give us a clear indication of their skills or how good they are because today's NOTD is pretty easy in comparison to NOTD a year ago. Alot of today's 10k-25k players are actually considered to have a 2k-5k player's knowledge base from a year ago at best.

Anyways with that being said, it's like Moe said play at your own pace and not anyone else's pace. Personally, I do see you in channel alot and it seems that you get frequently blamed for misfortunes by today's players. With that being said, don't take anything that those players say seriously because quite frankly they aren't that knowledgeable in NOTD as well and they like to put blame on others for their lack of knowledge/skill.
  5. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Yeah I love that Moe kid.

I personally, like to keep my average exp per game at 69 for shiggles (shits and giggles)

But its possible to get ur average exp per game at 100, or 200, or more if you take the time and effort to back up ur bank file and replace it after every fail game. And we all know how often that occurs
  6. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i may have 25k but im not one to listen too im just another noob who can hold his own slightly so ignore idiots and all will be well also moe you are awesome i wanna learn your ways :p
  7. Harry B.C. Dresden

i just try to place the best i can. and get the team to the end. i try not to talk a lot in game unless its giving directions. ive gone through every article on the wiki and ive gone through a majority of the guides on the forum
  8. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

This is just as bad as hacking. I hate players who do this with a passion.
  9. Harry B.C. Dresden

i back mine up every 5k or so. unless i get a good win or so.
  10. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

^ +1 in my 120k xp i can honestly say i have not once reloaded a bank, in fact im not even really sure how to
  11. Harry B.C. Dresden

read fox's guide. thats how i learned. i lost 2k when game crashed when i was at 7k. had a backup at 5k. now im up to 15k.

anyways back to my point. i think im a decent player since i win most of my games if they dont have a troll problem.
  12. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

:| i know how to back up my bank, just saying i have never had to place in the backup ever
  13. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

I back up my bank all the time, but reverting is kinda rare.
  14. Raiyaz

Raiyaz New Member

For me, I just look at average xp earned per game and karma. But I realize that if you have few games played you're bound to have low karma. You can't really expect someone with 100 games played to have a 1800 karma rating. Still, I don't think anyone should have a karma lower than 1485.

As far as average xp goes, it simply tells me if you pub a lot. Unless it's 26, and your rating is 1426, and your exp is 10k+ That is what tells me you're not quite so adept in your skills, and perhaps I shouldn't trust you with a nice item.

I do try to keep my average rating high. However, I like to pub, and pubs don't typically give more than say, 50 or 60 exp, so once I hit that marker, it's going to be difficult. I don't like replacing my bank files (I will only do it after trying to solo ec or apollo.)
  15. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Only thing should be interested in is teamates that can survive in my opinion.
  16. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

Logic flaw. Older accounts (more than 2 years old) that ground games can easily have low xp averages. Older NOTD games used to give out much much lower xp/credits per game. We talking 20-40 xp and 1-10 credits. Though once you've been around, you can sorta see exactly who is old and new.