Exp Share

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Dante., Mar 6, 2012.

1. Dante.

Dante. New Member

one thing i noticed is that the chem is doing the same thing all explo demo is doing on EC games... stole the whole team xp and leave the rest of the team underleveled :p
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

RE: Chemical Expert Discussion

This is largely a problem with the exp system itself. The high kill classes (OpComm, Exploder Demo, FO, ect) really need to share a larger proportion of their exp from kills, so the lesser classes can keep pace.
  3. Dante.

Dante. New Member

[/quote]

This is largely a problem with the exp system itself. The high kill classes (OpComm, Exploder Demo, FO, ect) really need to share a larger proportion of their exp from kills, so the lesser classes can keep pace.
    [/quote]

i guess FO, at least air FO, isnt that much unbalanced in xp stealing, the only thing is, that the marines that the FO call down, steal some of the xp to theyselves, cuz they level up, and than just enter in their fuckin capsules and dont come back with the same level tho...
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I have suggested persistent infantry leveling and also minis losing their XP bars in the past. Neither has been implemented.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

As did I Kithrixx. Hell, even suggested per level bonuses for them, different for Marines, Snipers, and Firebats. But the goal there was to not only reward them for XP Hogging but also to curtail the then vogue craze of running them as suicide tank drops.
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Ah yes I have added that to bugs.
    Ability fixed it for a while back idk July/August or so but then it got unfixed again somehow.
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Wasn't that also why there was an Energy Cost associated with each death, meaning you lost energy if they died?
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

It's not enough to justify the usefulness of having free tanks. Any unit that is cheap, and expendable is useful for this purpose. I can guarantee even if tanks didn't exist, we'd still make Field Engy spam probes to tank bosses.
  9. Arturia

The Energy Price was made to discourage it; Losing all 3 nearly doubles the energy cost, and makes it rather costly to do. This has also became very off topic. Shooz is going to yell at us :(
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

How is it off topic?
  11. Arturia

I... What... My minds... Its BLOWN. The Nukemando... He Nuked my brain o.o
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Niteshade never goes off topic. The topic is just not what niteshade wants.
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

More or less.

No point locking the thread or deleting posts.

Just do this:
    [​IMG]

Now seriously, stay on topic.
  14. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

how do you get those pictures?
  15. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

17. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

btw I noticed in my ec random fo game that the minis no longer gain experience (they have the exp bars but it never fills up) so at least I can assume that the mini stealing xp has now been fixed. Hopefully the dps sharing xp problem gets fixed as well, though I'm not sure how that can happen especially since they have another tree that really needs the xp.