em mode

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Jun 29, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Can some one help me get em mode back on? The game is exceedingly difficult ( i realize im the inly person in america who ever solos or wants to use em mode bit with school and work when im at home is usually sleeping).

I realize notd is a multiplayer focused game and i have heard other reasons to discurage soloing, bit i have NO internet access at work where i spend 40-50 hours a week. I also realize most of u may not care lol. But spending 3 hours trying to finish 1 game of vet hardened ec is ridonculus when i have no other options.

Please dont get me wrong, id much rather play online now that i have a few friends and whatnaught, bit 40-50 hrs a week i cant.

Please also consider that the rewards for em (easy mode) ec are laughable and max h3 is 2 canisters i believe, so there not really much i can do besides have fun.

The last line is a typo but my phone wont let me edit (htc incredible :O)

Also please consider the rewards for em mode win on ec are laughable so for 1.5-3
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

EM was removed after unanimous consensus.
    Read more here:
    http://notdstarcraft.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=617

Due to the amount of scripting that single command entailed, it is extremely unlikely to make a return.

Should you feel that you want to play an easier game, you can always while at work play with a clean slate (new) bank file which will turn the game into Recruit mode.

You could also decide to play Survival solo instead which gives a bit more leeway to you.

In any case, shouldn't you be working while at work? ;)
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

:( thanks for ur input. Instead of clearing my bank, ive been playing guest 1 lol. Id hate to put more work on anybodies lap and if em mode REALLY is bad enough to be removed from the game id hate to ask for something thats going to piss someone off but...

After this summer im going to have a full class load as well as work. Which also means less time with my kids as well as notd. I probly wont be on more than one or two times a week at that point. So i ask if em can be restored.
    [hr]
    Also the way the triggers work u can actually just disable them so it may not be a matter of re-coding the entire mode as re-enabling it.
    [hr]
    LOL i just read the last line of ur post and yes, bit after i finish my work my boss needs me to stay awake (graveyard) so he insists i bring somerhing to do. I used to brimg my xbox lol.
  4. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Shoultnt it be possible to just make it -rm (recuit mode)? It would activate a existing mode so it should take considerably less code, dont know how good it could be abused for farming though.
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

buy your kids SC2 and teach them NotD, we need more members in the community :D
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Recruit on ec cant really farm solo. Can u do that as of now or is that a suggestion (a good one by the way :D )
    [hr]
    Yeah one of my girls already plays notd lol
  7. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

On your account or her own?
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

One other reason why i also think -em would be a fair one, is easy mode on easy company (ec) gives very little xp and credits and rating. So it really justto have fun.
    [hr]
    Mine.
  9. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

It was a suggestion because -em wont be reimplemented anyway.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol.. u dont think anyone would support it?
  11. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

what about the recruit mode thingy?
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

EM mode was originally designed to be more or less a tutorial mode, where nothing posed any threat and you could more or less free for all explore the map, and wander your way through the story. This wasn't exactly effective since there was/is very little direction in the game for noobies, so they got bored of it quickly, and the lowered rewards made it more or less useless. It will be effectively replaced with the tutorial mode with the next Starcraft patch (whenever the hell they get around to releasing it, its been in PTR for like 2 - 3 weeks now).
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Uhh......

Besides for what AP just said, there was a few things that were done using -em prior to its removal as well.

A while prior to its removal, when the 500 credit cap wasn't mentioned (and fixed), 2~3 man games of survival would be able to activate -em and farm credits easily. Besides for the fact that -em was absolutely pointlessly stupid considering the new players it was made for would never be aware of the command until later, and its extremely reduced rewards; except it didn't screw with credit gain.

A command to force recruit mode, i.e. Pub difficulty would be best. -em was beyond pointless.
  15. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Em was beyond pointless to you,an ez fix is to set a limit on em creds or use em only on ec. Just because a few assholes farmed doesnt mean a game mode is pointless and should be removed. thank you though for your feedback.

[hr]
    Thx woulda been nice if they waited for boot camp to come out

16. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Any other suggestions?
    [hr]
    I think the recruit option on ec should be a good one really its an option that should only be used on ec anyways, so surv runs shouldnt be a problem
    [hr]
    I mean again please dont get me wrong, id MUCH rather play online, but especially after the summer it just aint ganna happen unpess i drop oit of college.
    [hr]
    So basically to recap,
    -EM or recruit for easy company
    Thats it. Not askig for an option to get unlimited creds, just be able to play without spending 3 hours clicking like a madman to beat ec. Hardened vet without any other option is demoralizing and so.much fking work.
  17. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I would support the return of Extreme Mode because it is extreme.
  18. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

kind of how it should be if you're soloing. especially as a post 10k ranked player
  19. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

your wisdom knows no bounds lydon