Drinking and Posting.. and tk'ing

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Jul 5, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Is there some kind of rule against drinking and posting? Or is it just me saying things that offend people? Just curious?
    Also is there really nothing we can do about tkers? Is there at least a way we can not lose a bunch of rating if someone tks us?
  2. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

REFER TO #3

Best to back up your bank file if you feel someone is going to tk you.
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol i think you got a wonderful idea. I had 2 bad games and then a game where I was tk'ed and dropped me like 11 rating so I'm out of the 1700 club.
  4. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

try to have bankfile saved for trolling the person back at pub only.
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol... ok
    [hr]
    sounds like a mando grav nade is a good idea not to have to do any of that "work"
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The rules that I follow by are actually not written down anywhere, because I really don't feel like dealing with people who trying to bullshit their way around the written word. I have dealt with rules laywers in the past, and it's not an experience that I enjoy. So, to that end, the rules are "don't be foolish", and drunkposting is indeed a foolish thing to do, along with trolling, posting inappropriate material, and generally acting in a way that is not conducive to growth or stimulation of the community.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ic. I didnt read this before the PM, but thanks for the guidelines. Im not sure how my posts that have been closed, even the one where I was drunk as hell fit into this. Instead of posting on community watch, i posted my own thread about a player that literally killed almost the entire team. And the was closed after i was scolded. Maybe i just need a break from notd. Idk.
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

When it comes to posting, it would help to read what you post over before you post it. Most of my blocks of text are the result of at least 30 minutes of thought.

But posting in a clear mind and searching for information before asking usually help, as does relevancy to an issue / topic.
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ic thx for the info art.
  10. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

ask kirth or pm someone who you trust..
  11. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol, so I have to ask someone before I post something? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of posting?
  12. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

No, you have to look before you ask.

Most of the time, the answer is on the wiki. If you can't find it there (don't be lazy), then you can ask.

Point being, don't ask before you look.