Dota 2 thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Zeriathyr, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

The game now features a mode known as Ability Draft (not the Ability we know here).
    All players get random heroes, and each player will pick abilities/skills out of the 10 chosen ones turn by turn.

It does not work with bots (all bots will pick their skills but stay in camp), base attack/range/stats still remain the same.
    So you can have Wraith King now spin webs, troll you with Heartstopper aura and hit you with mortal strike right out from the trees,
    or Sniper still with his increased range, with Troll Warlords attack speed skill + Phantom Lancer's Juxtapose and Phantom Edge.

It really depends on luck and whose turn of the draw.
  2. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

:D Yeah, AD is great for trolling around. Sticky Napalm + a damage over time spell is kind of ridiculous and borderline OP. I had a game with Sticky Napalm and Ion Shell on a Chaos Knight and just ran in melting the enemy team with 1 to 2 stacks of Sticky Napalm. Although there are games where you get stuck with the worst base stat heroes in the game that completely rely on their spells to be useful/balanced. Getting stuck with Enchantress without Enchant/Untouchable/Nature's Attendants or Weaver without Shukuchi+Time Lapse is basically going to go extremely badly for you.

Also, always pick Riki ult if its available. The invisibility does not break when you cast spells, only when you attack. So you could go around stealth ganking all game with stuns out of nowhere if your opponents are bad and don't buy detection.
  3. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

After I webbed.. they always have detection
  4. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Just sharing some screenshots ><
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

@.@ All dem couriers......
  6. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

The common pub in russian doto
  7. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

8. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

[​IMG]
    What Terrorblade should have been

h[​IMG]
    What Gondar should have been.
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

WRECKING CREW HERE.
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Man, let the tears flow. Time to do the classic FB with techies. At least the pusher meta will end now.
  11. nex_

nex_ Member

They released techies ? I stopped for a while dota2 when I came back on notd/sc2.
    Matchmaking system of solo ranked totally failed , 50% total rape vs noob, 50% total rape vs you & the noob in your team, and the challenging game with real balance are very .. rare. I even suspect valve to do this to get a 50% ratio.
    Not speaking of the teamranked ... which is nonsense if you are not 5; which is very hard to balance ... due to the variability between players.

Whatever.
    Long-time players here ?
  12. ProbeGst

Try to play supports, they usually carry the game.
    why?
    well:
    1. they can gank/roam
    2. ward to protect their carry
    3. often have gamechanging ultimates (death ward, cm ultimate, dazzle, warlock etc)
    4. if you build up early advantage and you have a farmed carry
  13. nex_

nex_ Member

Sorry I dont come from lol, where people are sticked to one role ;)
    Thought I'd like to admit I'm more on the offlane (liking or assraping with thoses : Leoric/Mirana/undying/lina/clock and intel in general with some sniper).

I was trying to picture the feeling that from a series of 10 solo, there is a really different level of the teammates, like 5 game with decent ones (you can still loose), and 5 with real cunt(unpossible to win)
  14. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

As much as I hate playing against techies, I love to use the hero too. Suicide + new bloodstone would be funny if counterintuitive since you lose charges so fast. :D
  15. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Techies appears to be scheduled for release after TI4. Already much butthurt on the official forums about him. I can somewhat understand why, Techies is a fundamentally different hero in that he is mostly strategic (read: not fun) and also highly defensive. Also, because of his skill set, he can be VERY bad, worse then no one at all, or incredibly powerful/dangerous. Given the large changes to the underlying game, it ought to be interesting to see how he shakes out. I just like that he will slow down the pushing meta of TB/Lycan/Ember/NP, etc. 2 Remotes is enough to clear an entire creep wave all game.
  16. nex_

nex_ Member

An aga remote is enought on mid.
    basically its soul ring / aganim. But you can do him daguer / bloodstone. Unless the meta has changed a lot.
  17. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

I really don't think he will have a lot of impact against things like Furion/Lycan. Minions remove mines easily given that they also have boosted magic immunity which means extra remotes/land mines to stop a push completely. While constant split pushing will pretty much give 0 time for techies to set up enough defenses on all lanes to stop the split pushing. Also, I'm not sure if mines killing the melee Necro minions does the last will damage to Techies but if it does, it's going to hurt techies a shitload every time he tries to stop pushes with Necro minions. They do give boosted gold/xp though, which is terrifying to give to a competent techies.

I'm also imagining the hilarious self-deny possibilities of a bloodstone techies. Its like bloodstone has half cooldown now!

Regardless, TECHIES HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.
  18. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love to troll.
  19. ProbeGst

just sharin
  20. got a question for you guys, does this game have a ranged,stealthy carry/nuker with good MS? something like the SMM of NOTD :) or like AOS rancor or nova? And does this game need more specs than sc2 ? as sc2 is at my computer limit.
    NB: can somone give me a description of the gameplay? like is it farm farm farm and occasional fighting or fighting with farming in between?
    Ps: i am asking as i am a bit new to moba, i decided to give it a try and i am undecided between Dota and LOL, actually from the trailers they look a lot like each other whats the difference?