Dota 2 thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Zeriathyr, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

2. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

I think I have about 30 keys now. I guess if anyone wants to play they can pretty much ask here.

Personally I prefer team vs bots so there won't be too much raging (particularly mine). After test-playing the game, my favorites are Bounty Hunter and Spirit Breaker.
  3. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Well-Known Member

I have uncountable beta keys, so whoever wish any - just send me a message.
    Aside from that I can give any new player that wish to improve in that game some advices, I'm former competitive player and had the role of coach/manager of one competitive team recently.
  4. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

The Beta has officially ended, so now anyone who wishes to play may do so.
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

O boy, here comes the newbies...
  6. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Its ok, newbies would probably be better than the people at my level of play right now. xD
  7. kamukag3e

In my experience, people attitude towards a game is the important part.
    As a game that require a little practice DotA is not hard for new players and they can become good in no-time.
    The players which don't feel the need of progression stay on the same skill level no matter how long they play.

I know some players that have played DotA for more than 6-8 years (DotA and DotA 2 included) and still are on the lowest skill level.
    Some players become competitive in a matter of months.
  8. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Yeah, I know, I've played Dota and Dota2 for...5-6 years? And I'm still kinda terrible.
    I wouldn't say Dota is easy to become good at though. Too many different mechanics: last hitting, warding spots, rune control, jungling, the massive hero roster that you have to get used to and roughly "know" what each hero is capable of, item builds, etc.
  9. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Yuey it's op with Leoric!
  10. kamukag3e

When I put down "easy", what I meant is that it's not really hard to understand the game as of whole
    You could try to play everything and become decent with it. Or you can focus yourself in one preferable position and learn how to play nearly on competitive level of play in really short manner. Of course if a person has the needed time and dedicate it to it :)
  11. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

When you have 400 ping, Leoric is the only possible hero you can play. xD

Tried that a while ago, but real life won over in the end. Also, the clan I was playing a lot with kinda imploded from everybody immigrating to Canada/US/UK/Singapore for University. :/ Still play together sometimes but its kinda hard when your 5 stack has 2 guys from SEA, 2 guys from US East and 1 guy from EU West, can't even get a decent server for everybody to play together.
    And ward-bitch, erh, I mean, Support/Map-control technician represent! xD
  12. kamukag3e

Real life wins harder than B-net :|
    And I know the feeling with a team unable to play for various reasons. Time-zone included.
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

On one hand I've played a long time and learned nearly what every hero does and what they are expected to do, but on the other I usually try whacky build because it gets old going the same standard stuff over and over. Never really had a team/people to play with, usually just on my own. Mostly I play for fun, if winning was the goal I would just 3 stack with the same heros over and over (PL/KotL, Ck/Wisp combos with Nyx as 3rd) for auto wins every time, but it would get old.
  14. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Try Dota Facepalms on youtube. You'll get a a laugh or ten out of some of them
  15. WarToRock

WarToRock Member

also nice series^^

16. WarToRock

WarToRock Member

17. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

I loled, but not sure if want...

18. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

How to murder people, go Nyx with Ethereal Blade + Lvl. 5 Dagon :D