Does killing that old lady at the start of EC lose you rating/Karma?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Waves_Blade, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Because I swear in random pubs I start with -rating and -2 karma for some reason. (0 hits)
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

It's never cool to kill civilians. You often lose rating and/or karma in some situations.
  3. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Small note for pubbies somewhere should pop up if they shoot a civ maybe. Not something that can be controlled in pubs easily. (or maybe only trigger it for the person who murdered the civ?)
  4. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Yea i agree, killibg civs is often hard to avoid in ec.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I don't get how people manage to kill civs all the time. They're neutral. You literally have to force attack them.
  6. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Well, I admit that I often kill the civ outside the gate that opens at ec start, but I never kill any other civs besides Ramirez. I've never had the rating/karma loss though.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Depending on your unit you have to micro more to avoid hits, eg marine trying silver medal needs to click the fk out of his mouse, i frequently press a and click to move even if breaking combat to run after a shot or two, in this case a civ can die here or there. While a cushy unit, say assault, doesnt quite need all the extra clicking when it takes a few hits to get the same % of dmg to them. Meaning an assault can go all day without pressing a and clicking to move while squishies can use that as kind of an early warning while moving. Normal right clicking somewhere means u wont attack until u reach that spot, are blocked, or somethig else changes your units AI eg stun.