Doctor Rank

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by AyyaChambers, May 6, 2014.

1. AyyaChambers

AyyaChambers New Member

With 38 CP, my white color and the doctor title is not showing. I loaded an old save log from my SCII backup after I did a fresh install from my computer. I'm not sure how this would have changed anything in terms of my rank/showing.
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I always assumed the white color was just broken, or taken out. However, I do still see people with working doctor titles, so I am not sure what is going on. I wouldn't expect a fix any time too terribly soon with NOTD2 development going on. It really doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way.
  3. AyyaChambers

AyyaChambers New Member

Sorry my title is working fine, but my rank insignia is supposed to turn into a cross right?
  4. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I don't know, but it does change into a cross for the score screen. (99% sure that is the case.)
  5. AyyaChambers

AyyaChambers New Member

Yeah I thought it was weird when it was just for the score screen. Anyway thanks for the quick responses, I'm kinda disappointed that the white color of the medic doesn't work :/
  6. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that was a long neglected bug, and yes, your insignia should be a cross (which represents medic) and color should be white.

The only color white you can get currently is by buying the color mods, but I doubt i'll ever see anyone bought white color.
  7. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Angy bought white...
    And i think cross has been gone for eternity
  8. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

I don't remember there being a cross rank icon O:

Pics or it didnt happen!
  9. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

So i looked thru my screenshots and if cross rank ever worked it's broken for almost 2 years, also babyniktos inside dat 19k xp.

Attached Files:

10. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I, too, have looked through my vast repertoire of screenshots, not one of which (going all the way back to early 2011) does it show working doctor rank.
  11. EdowardoLMP

The cross only shows within the score screen and that's it.
  12. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

SO CUTE!

Does it still currently show in the score screen Eddy?
  13. EdowardoLMP

If you have the doc rank (medic with 20+ CP), I think it's still there.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Alright so I actually popped open the map to check.

So thats the trigger to display rank on the team UI. One of the If/Then statement essentially says "If this player is a doctor (appropriate amounts of medic cp), then add the Doctor title and change his rank to the medic cross." If he's not a doctor, then use his user data information (ie, actual rank and title). Note that Black Ops logo is checked after that, so if you are a Doctor with Black Ops Insignia, the BO icon will override the medic icon.

Now, this is accurate to build 717. I dont know the current build but its only a few updates more recent. The basic trigger should be working, nothing is wrong with it in a technical sense. So I'm not entirely sure why it is or isnt displaying doctor rank for some people. You'll need to bug Blaqk, since he's doing NOTD updates now.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

I actually don't pay attention to rank icons like I probably should, but I'll force Miracle to pick Medic next time we play so I can figure this thing out. Trigger looks fine in current build.
  16. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Seems fine for Linnard at least...

Also, welcome back to NOTD AyyaChambers, NOTD 2 will be out very soon thanks to our hard working development team ^^

Attached Files:

17. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Nooooo ...Linnard has his Major ranksign not the little Medic Cross. havent seen the cross in ages thou. probably bugged sicne longtime
  18. EdowardoLMP

Class Proficiency

According to wiki, it says model color changed to white, but what niteshade screened within the codes it didn't specifies any color changes.

That's his rank insignia, not the medic cross as in score screen. BTW, wasn't 博士 meaning professor ?
  19. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Team color is handled in a different trigger and its entirely possible its mentioned there. This specific trigger only deals with the rank portion of the UI. There's a number of possible reasons the doctor title isnt working 100% as intended, so it'll take a while for me check every avenue. Its more than likely some combination of player rank, credit shop purchases, and ill worded triggers (timing, order, etc).

I can check later, and also assume the wiki is inaccurate at this point.Its been two years since I've actively been updating it and I physically cannot count all the things that are out of date. Some dark day in the distant future I'm just going to have to sit down with a thermos of coffee, pop open the map editor, and fix pretty much everything listed. In the mean time just tag anything with the {{{Outdated}}} tag, I believe thats what the syntax I made was.
  20. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Yeah that was an oversight... The map on CN actually contains the more refined translations of the same map, I'm planning to finish all the translations before bringing it back to Global Play servers.